Tractor with gas?

In years past I have invited some of my Yankee friends for dinner and they usually don’t show up until near supper time .

12 Likes

That sounds like a mashed potato soup.

If you ever want to make a potato soup thicker and taste better add a can of some Cream of Mushroom Soup or make a small amount and add it if you can make it. I add Cream of Mushroom to my chicken and dumplings and it just adds that missing element.

4 Likes

Well yeah, we know we have understand things in context. :slight_smile: Did you expect them to show up at noon?

3 Likes

Yesterday I washed it and took off the cabin, but today I took it for a walk, interestingly at 48, everything still works fine, but after half an hour of operation it shows its known symptoms, oil leaks in known places, non-functioning electric dynamo. It belongs here …

:grinning:

9 Likes

I was offered to buy an MF35a today, starts easily but 1 gear can not be removed, do you think it is a big problem?
It’s probably a diesel, but is a pretty good price, it could be fun to try it too.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the problem. Normally a transmission issue means it will pop out of gear not get stuck in gear.
Do you mean the clutch is frozen and it is always in gear? Or do you mean there is one gear that won’t stay engaged and can’t be used?
If it is a single bad gear I would want to know which gear. For most things around my farm if 1st 2nd and reverse work I could care less about 3rd or 4th. Typically 2nd gear is the one people chip and won’t stay engaged though in which case you would have to split the tractor and replace the gear it shouldn’t be too expensive but it is a ton of work.
If the clutch is frozen you typically end up pulling the engine. There are tricks to try and break the rust free but I have seldom heard of them working.

3 Likes

Good morning Jan.

Very common problem. Stuck in high and low range at the same time.

Remove oil fill plug on the top of the trans . Use a long heavy screwdriver down through this hole and slide the gear to neutral :grinning:

9 Likes

I do not think it is the clutch, it is not possible to get out of the 1st gear.
I think you’re right Wayne, I’ve been looking a bit and it seems like it’s a common problem on these, let’s hope so if I can buy it.

6 Likes

under the protective rubber of the gear lever is a dowel, which I knock out and lift the lever and use it to adjust the position of the gearbox.,:grinning:

5 Likes

What Wayne said.
I’ve had starter/battery problems from time to time on the Fergie - no problem since it starts easily with the hand crank.
At one point I slammed the stick from 2nd to neutral to go start hand cranking. The tractor started right up, but to my surprice it started to walk towards me.
If I remember right I didn’t reach through the oil fill plug but had to remove the shift stick to slide things into neutral.

Edit: Tone beat me to it :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you all, sounds like I dare to buy this, I’ll hear when I can come and look at it, it’s in Rättvik, 100miles from me, so I have a long way to go.

2 Likes

Ok, 4 bags each way then :smile:
Oh, make it 5 if you’re towing :smile:

7 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not have a trailer or driving license that is enough for the weight of the tractor, I probably have to rent someone by truck.

6 Likes

50+ years ago my grandfather went by bus to Västerås and drove the tractor back home to Gagnef. Took him all day :joy:

7 Likes

Last summer, a neighbor picked up his tractor in Leksand and drove home. (70miles)
The next day the tractor did not start, and it took 2 weeks before we got it started.

7 Likes

Only time I’ve driven my Kubota long distance was in 2014? During the big ice storm dubbed Snowmageddon. Drove it to my friends house just to hang out. Once I got into town limits a sheriff stopped me and said I couldn’t drive it on the main drag even though I had my caution triangle and lights on. I didn’t want to argue so I took the long way of about 10 miles of country road. Thank God I kept the RotoTiller on to act as a counterbalance and keep more weight on my rear tires. It was dark by the time I got there and the next morning my friends dad scraped their trailer parks roads.

I had to wear 2 layers including my wool peacoat but it was my hands that got the coldest. Now I keep a pair of rabbit fur lined gloves in all my vehicles and an extra pair sitting next to the Kubota keys.

8 Likes

Friends, may God grant you plenty of peace and blessings at this Christmas time, and health and contentment in the new year.

I thought a little about the regulation of wood gas for the tractor, I am attaching pictures:

7 Likes

Tone, how does it have a EGR valve? Never seen one of those on tractors…

2 Likes

EGR valve is not from this tractor, I think to use it to regulate wood gas in parallel with diesel fuel

9 Likes

a lot of work opened up.

:relieved::grinning::thinking:

11 Likes