Tractor with gas?

Tom not just the sheet metal it has the same Ford front end assembly with the funny I beam and holds all through it for adjustable width I guess never really studied the design much but it jumps out at you. Very utilitarian looking.
I suspect it is another clone or rebranded ford with all the same parts.

6 Likes

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/6/3/3634-imt-533.html
Nice narrow cab.
S.U.

5 Likes

Yes, yes, now I became jealous again, do you think it works well to have diesel as a basis, I have not looked so much at these, but there are many more of diesel than gasoline here.

3 Likes

In our country and in Serbia, they produced IMT tractors under the Ferguson license, they bear the IMT designation 533 and 539. I have been studying the 533 model for a long time, it has a three-cylinder engine, a displacement of 2.3 l and a compression ratio of 1: 16.5. Rated engine power is 35HP. As you can see, it has almost ideal characteristics for operating on wood gas and also for regulating power and operating speeds. Tile engines also have some disadvantages, such as oil sealing, otherwise they are easy to maintain and work reliably. So I will start with a major engine service, and then ā€¦ :grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

Maybe this post will seem a little confusing, but I will write my own thought anyway. I look a little at the likes and responses on a particular topic and I have to say that by todayā€™s norms you are an abnormal society and I find myself here too. Facts suggesting this: - If someone buys or has an old used machine and benefits from it, or at least tries to use it, he receives a lot of support -if someone tries to create something from waste material, he also receives a lot of attention and support -if someone is doing well, most of them can afford it -if someone writes something unpleasant, they withdraw the contribution or apologize -respect, tolerance, modesty, ā€¦ what can I say, these characteristics are beyond the standards of modern man, but I wonder if we are normal or we do not know how to adapt and we have been run over by time, or modern man is running out of ground? Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not normal! :thinking::grinning:

15 Likes

Tone, I get the feeling youā€™re a bit of a philosopher, as well as a tinkerer. Good combination :smile:

Jokes aside - I agree. Itā€™s my experience tinkerers are good people in general. I donā€™t partisipate in any other forums on the internet, but this forum certainly manages to attract good people only :+1:

14 Likes

I have to say this forum is the most well behaved and kindest out of any Iā€™ve been to. I think itā€™s because it started on a foundation of good-will and everyone else paying it forward.

13 Likes

I remember a few years ago at Argos someone looked around and said " There isnā€™t a clean pair of jeans in the entire bunch". All the folks I talked to took it as a compliment.:grin::grin:

14 Likes

Thatā€™s why I like my black red kap pants. Supplied by my work and dont show tar stains

10 Likes

It may be different in your part of the world Tone, but in a country as large as the US there are really very few people running around that actually do anything but consume and most of what they consume comes from the far east. People that do things with their hands are looked down upon. A banker or Hedge Fund manager, who produces nothing and benefits no one is considered a higher type of person than someone like you or Wayne or a hundred other guys here who actually have skills that mean something in day to day existence. I have great admiration for the folks out of the old Soviet Union because they all faced really hard times and many times thrived just because they could take old junk and make really useful stuff out of it. The shit is hitting the fan in the world as we speak and those whose whole existence is wrapped around manipulating money or having money are going to discover how useless their lives actually are. You and the rest of us will do fine. Big thumbs up for doers, no use for manipulators.

13 Likes

Well; Mr Tone . . . . thanks for noticing the differences on the DOW.

These differences are not accidental, or luck.
Mostly in the beginning it was Chris Seanz and Wayne Keith setting personal examples.
Then some of us early-onā€™s striving to set examples with ourselves.
Some of us had quit other forums in disgust. Others had actually been banned off other forums.
So the funny rules . . . . like no ā€œspirtedā€ discussions. Presentations, yes. Suggestions and questions, yes. Donā€™t like what was presented - - - look away. Just Do not read that topic.
A Heart-felt like :heart: button.
But no un-like :-1: slamming button.
No Grand standing, allowed, or admired. No Polling allowed.
You Say-it. Then expected to Do-it. You prove-it.

Only one person actually been banned.
Spammer linkers Flag tool IDā€™ed. Booted out quickly.
4-5-6 topics got too hot and were locked out. Two were mine by my own request.
All flows have a bit of turbulences. Expected. But kept minimized.

Abby-Normal SteveU.

9 Likes

Thanks, I feel the same as the above posts. And I agree about the Sovjet. I had a business partner from Poland. Golden hands, fixes everything, started improvising. Why do you do that? It was this way in Poland, we had to every day. Still one of my best friends.
I am working and if not, my head is filled with woodgas. Still fighting the exhaust on the Yanmar. Almost woodgas.
Thanks, this feels like home.

9 Likes

I think this happens because Wayne set the precedent. He is a farmer and comes from early pioneers in the United States. I saw this kind of thing among farmers in Vermont when I was growing up, people who still eat their biggest meal of the day at noon and call it dinner, people who are usually trying to get more calories in their bodies not lessā€¦ Hard work + careful creativity + faith = life. The old pioneer paradigm.
Rindert

12 Likes

I can relate to the eating habbits described :grin: our shift leader calls me a ā€œstomack on legsā€ :smile: only difference is l usualy eat the bigest meal in the evening

9 Likes

When @KristijanL and I were fed breakfast at 5am at Wayneā€™s place, Wayne told us that was the main meal for the day. We made sure to swallow a couple extra spoonfulls of grits :smile:

13 Likes

And the parts of the misterious dead animal :grin:

Not to litter this topic too much, but anyone knows what dish we ate at Argos, it was sliced potatoes with a cream sauce and l belive cheese? Wuld love to have a recepie. The dish contains three of the things l love in a meal. Potatoes, fat and a load of calories :grin:

10 Likes

This is how we usually do it.

Boiled cooled down potatoes. 10 sliced or chopped
Creme fraiche. 3dl
Mayonnaise. A couple tablespoons
Red onion. 1 chopped fine
Apple. 1 chopped
Chives
Salt and pepper

Marries very well to any protein on the grill.

7 Likes

Sounds like Potatoes au gratin Kristijan.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=potatoes+au+gratin+recipe

7 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s probably it.
The potato sallad I mentioned is eaten cold.

5 Likes

I have it in my head this was raw potato slices boiled in milk till they allmost fall a part a bit with butter and maybe some kind of cheese, to form a mushy saucy kinda dish you preety much need a spoon to eat.

I tryed recreating it but never quite hit the taste from our great cooks at Argos

6 Likes