Tractor with gas?

Impressed Tone, first I thought what? Never! Cool design! Sorry HOT!

7 Likes

Tone this last video is very telling thank you. I didn’t realize that the reduction cone was going down so low (maybe 4 to 5 cm from the bottom of the grid?) I’m surprised that this place doesn’t clog. your bottom nozzle does a great job.
your vertical grid seems to support the heat very well without oxidizing. I think that my next construction will be strongly influenced by your innovations

11 Likes

Rindert, I’m building a downdraft gasifier with a height-adjustable vertical nozzle (“Swedlund” type)
I can approach or move away from the grid by moving the nozzle
Thierry

7 Likes

Hey Tone,
I can see your design evolving quickly. Are the internal diameters still 20 cm inside wall and 30 cm outside wall and nozzles 17-20 cm above the restriction? How tall are your basket columns?It is not clear to me how you pressurize the basket ring and the bottom nozzle. I think that this is a great project and will be very interesting to see how it works out.

5 Likes

Tom talked about scattered information,… here is the composition,…

5 Likes

I have read the properties of a good gasifier earlier but it was a while ago and I did not make the connection. Thank you. I am rereading it now…

6 Likes