Tractor with gas?

I have no words for it other then brilliant. And first time right of course?

9 Likes

Hi Tone
what is the vacuum pump for on these alternators?

6 Likes

Usually for the power breaks

7 Likes

I wonder if @Woodrunner could adapt one for his Chevy for the modulator.

5 Likes

I did a test drive today, I loaded the cut grass and drove it to the landfill, it made four uphill runs and it worked for approx. 1.5 hours mostly without load, while I was loading the trailer,ā€¦ probably this is close to the ideal regulation

Regulacija obratov motorja na lesni plin - YouTube

17 Likes

It is simply amazing how often you get something to work on the first try. Hats off sir, very nice

17 Likes

on the tractor is written ā€œde luxeā€ā€¦now not in vain!

7 Likes

That makes two of usā€¦

8 Likes

I think I owe you a short report on the operation of a 100% wood gas tractor.

Starting the gasifier and warming up the engine to stable operation takes about 10 minutes, during which time the tractor operates in hybrid mode - with pilot ignition on diesel fuel.

The operation on 100% wood gas is very smooth and fluid, the ignition time is set a few degrees before the top dead position of the piston, the vacuum membrane on the ignition distributor increases this by approx. 25Ā°, the centrifugal regulator in the distributor also slightly increases the ignition angle.

The gas mixer does its job really well, especially at very low revs, when the engine pulsates the mixture, the result is very good torque and power, so I recommend its use, especially for single-cylinder engines.

The engine of the tractor has a working displacement of 2.4 l and when running on diesel fuel it has 35 hp (26 kW), at 2000 rpm, this would mean that it has 125 Nm of torque, I have a feeling that it reaches 100 Nm on wood gas and a power of 21 kW (28.5 hp). Is my feeling deceiving me? Iā€™ll have to check that by throwing it on the generator when I get a chance.

17 Likes

I will like to see the numbers you get from the generator. But 26kW, 125Nm at 2000rpm are what I would expect after studying a paper from an Indian study.
Rindert
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/677d/ce00ffb381b45f34ae76901e223256ef0390.pdf?_gl=11mfuwch_gaMTI0OTAwOTM0Mi4xNjg0ODUxMzIw_ga_H7P4ZT52H5*MTY4NDg1MTMyMC4xLjAuMTY4NDg1MTMyMy41Ny4wLjA.

2 Likes

Rindert, thanks for the contribution, apparently Iā€™m getting back to the results that I achieved and measured on my generator, which is that an engine with a working volume of 1 liter develops a power of 10 kW at 2000 rpm (torque - 48 Nm), this means that the tractor could reach 24 kW (torque - 115 Nm).

As an interesting fact, I should say that the diesel engine reaches a torque of 65 Nm per 1 liter of working volume and a power of 13.6 kW.

The gasoline engine achieves a much higher torque, even up to 100 Nm, but if we take the Volvo 740 2.3 as an example, it achieves a torque of 185 Nm, or 80 Nm per 1 liter and a power of 16.8 kW at 2000 rpm.

This is quite realistic data for comparison and to know what to expect from wood gas engines.

11 Likes

This afternoon I wanted to ride the tractor to check the state of the forest. I filled the tank of the chainsaw and started the tractor and told myself that I would start sawing as I went and bring some more firewood, well, I saw that I had a lot of work to do. I sawed until I used up gasoline in the saw and loaded 2 m3 of firewood on the trailer, and I used one bag of wood chips for transportation. :grin:

17 Likes

Are you sure thatā€™s a tractor Tone. Sounds more like a big cat purring. I think thatā€™s a very good thing. :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Tone, do you think there is any problem using this wire crane on the little ferguson?
The measuring tape is 2 meters.
Guessing that the weight is around 200-300 kg.

9 Likes

Jan, I think this is an ā€œoriginalā€ piece of equipment for Fergi, I also use a similar thing and it fits him very well, doesnā€™t it?

9 Likes

Ok, I tried to put the tractor there, but it will be a very short PTO shaft, will try the crane on the zetor first and see if it works, havenā€™t used this before.

10 Likes

You probably know this Jan, I believe it is a different size pto on the tractor too, the ferguson is a smaller one with 1 1/8ā€ and the next size is 1 3/8ā€ both with 6 splines.
Never had a fergie so if I am wrong, please correct me

6 Likes

I have the same pto, on both the zetorn and fergi, think itā€™s 1 3/8.

7 Likes

Perhaps it is a year or a model thing. I picked up a hayraker from J-O last year and that had a conversion pto on it.
But wait, now when I think of it more it was a smaller pto axle on the hayraker and converted to 1 3/8ā€ for the fergie, so I guess there are other tractors out there with smaller pto, just not the fergie then :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hi Johan, i believe it was a common thing to convert pto shaft on Fergies, mostly smaller Fergusons have a very tiny pto shaft, they broke very early in the tractors life, not due to overload, mostly due to the weight and centrifugal force of the equipment axles.
I believe it was common to replace it with a sturdier one when repairs where done.
My ā€œlittle Fergieā€ has an original, maybe 3/4" shaft, which is the tinies one iā€™ve seen, needs two ā€œadaptersā€ which is no good for the weight load on the shaft.

6 Likes