Tractor with gas?

tone, really a work of art your fergie, a pitty to use it, should come in a woodgas museum…

10 Likes

Today Kristjan and I talked about various things, and he said that I should post something, but I have no idea, maybe just a video of today’s ride uphill,…

16 Likes

I had to look it up because you still have green leaves on your trees. It says Slovenia has three climate types. Sub- Mediterranean Alpine and Continental. You must be Sub-Mediterranean. Very pretty.

11 Likes

Tone, sounds strong! Excelent.

Tom, yes, and whats fascinating is that the country is just some 150 miles across to furtherest borders…

12 Likes

Hmmm…only three hoppers wide :smile:

11 Likes

Yesterday he worked usefully, but today he drives for fun. I’m testing the operation with larger pieces of wood that I sawed and chopped some time ago, there is no significant difference, the gasifier swallows everything, … it’s really not picky
I checked the condition of the spark plug and the filter, but the filter is as always slightly damp, but otherwise clean, I changed the contents more than 50 hours ago, the tractor now has 268 working hours per wood.

17 Likes

Great set of pictures you have put up Tone.
My favorite is #5, showing some of your wood fuel stacks. All developments are worth-not-much without the fuel-wood-sweating done ahead.
Also I like people who will wear practical shoes.

And then #6 picture with the panaramic view. Be easy to miss the flare-pipe? whispering smoke showing your system is hot, and alive, ready to work. Ha! But your new space-age zoomie-hat fan, and shiny necklace do draw the eyes in.
Regards
Steve Unruh

10 Likes

Tone, first l thod your wife picked quince. Then l saw she is eating one and l thod probably not :smile:

Steve, ha, based on your topic from the other day about firewood supply l see why you saw the firewood fitst :smile: but l got a similar situation. “The ferriers mare is always barefoot” says our proverb, and l too will probably still need to visit the “store” before real winter comes.

9 Likes

Kristijan, I had to look quince up. Seems it’s a pear-like Mediterranian fruit, good for marmelade. Never seen it before.

7 Likes

Seem its kvitten? There is a bush/small tree groving on a forest property where my father used to hunt many years ago, i tasted them when i was young-didn’t like them, tasted like wild apples, seasoned with burnt bakelite, as i remember it, but as marmelade it should be a delicacy i’ve heard.

7 Likes

Yes, it is kvitten, can be used instead of lemons here where the lemons don’t grow. Usually japanese quince grows best.
I’m guessing it is apples in the bag Tone, but I agree, they sure look like quince :smiley:

8 Likes

Johan, you are right, this is an old variety of apples, very tasty and durable, well, this year there was little fruit, but this variety bore fruit.

9 Likes

Goran, what an excelent description of the taste :smile: also hard as a rock. But they do gave an amazing aroma. We used to lay them over the cubbords and the whole kitchen smelks nice all winter.
Here they make excelent schnaps (ofcorse :smile: ) out of them, jam is also delicuious, and some put it in sourkraut for a reason l forgot.

10 Likes

Quince is grown here in Wenatchee, Washington, USA and a lot of places in the USA. Use it in cooking too. Just had a slice of punkin pie with quince baked in it. Yummy good.

7 Likes

I didn’t even know what quince was.

This was from a month or so ago. I picked one and cut it open. I thought it was some kind of apple but the seeds didn’t look right. Checked online and it was quince. I think earlier in the year it had really nice flowers and was/is mostly grown as an ornamental around here.

9 Likes

off topic i know… my grandmother used to make quince jelly. mild, sweet flavor, almost like pear. Thanks for the memories. That was a long time ago, in northwestern Ohio, USA. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Today I started the tractor to pull a rather heavy load of wood, the gasifier starts up and heats up quite quickly when I open the steam outlet through the chimney, …

19 Likes

Hello Tone
I never noticed this fireplace! Is there anywhere you explained this thing?
When we see such excess pressure in the hopper we better understand the benefit of the vacuum of the Kolyvan system

7 Likes

If you mean the chimney, here’s where I found that.

Further down there are a couple videos showing it.

6 Likes

Tone, from this chimney it would probably be quite easy to connect, via a venturi, to the exhaust pipe. I’m just curious about the result. but easier said than done! :melting_face:

7 Likes