Vacuum Automixer project

Tom just turn it over a couple seconds, I think it floods the carburetor, like given it a squirt of gas.

I quit hi jacking chris thread.

HI chris S is that a home made check valve under your vacuem blower for air shut off when vacuem shuts off.Thanks

Nope. See previous post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PVC-Spring-Check-Valve-Socket-/231509673126?hash=item35e70d44a6?=

Thanks Chris S,is there one by the front flare that closes when pusher fan goes off, nice vidios on cold and warm start ups using new fan setup.

Yes. A flapper valve that only lets gas out the flare, not sucked back in.

Also a flapper valve on the gasifier intake and the engine air intake.

It seems they would stick after a while, how long before needs cleaning or gauges go out of normal ranges. does that mean you dont need a ball valve on the gasifier intakeTHANKS

Hi Chris,

It has been more thain a year since you put the automixer in, l wonder how is it doeing after this time? Is the foil membrane still dolding up well?

Hi Kristijan, you have to ask Bob Mackey @Bobmac , he’s got the truck now. I believe everything is working, and the original membrane is still installed. It’s not made of foil, its a piece of a heavy duty black plastic trash bag.

2 Likes

Hi Kristijan, the black plastic garbage bag membrane is holding up well, still no signs of any leakage.
Bob

3 Likes

Thanks Bob, garbage bag ot is thain!

Kristijan

the AutoMixer it is also relevant to the wood gas as the gas charcoal?

Hi all, if you want to follow up on what is happing on the vacuum automixer project go to The 92 Dodge Dakota (from the book) thread. The Vacuum Automixer project thread can be used for discussions and any new ideas on making them work better with the WK gasifiers, that’s if it’s alright with Chris. @Chris Thanks.
Bob Mackey Bobmac

Bob it is a rainy cold day today so I re-read the entire post on this diaphragm thing. One question. Don’t you have two 2In. pipes going from the gasifier to the engine? I only see one hooked up to the two flap and mixer part. TomC

Tom, yes that is correct. The two pipes and woodgas valves are still in use. They come together with a sweep connection into one 2" pipe and enter one side of the throttle body closest to the fire wall. The other side is air only with the vacuum control mixing valve.
Bob

Triguax,
I dont think so. Charcoal gas has fifferent air/gas ratio thain woodgas. But whenbl was driveing on charcoal there realy wasnt any need. I set the manual setting and forget about it. With wood l had to constantly adjust.

1 Like

I discovered new airleaks today, this time on the cooler. The sharp edges of the cooling plates have cut the seals. Time for a redesign.
Here is a short video of the automixer at work.
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=automixer%20on%20petrol&sm=3

3 Likes

Kristijan

the composition of the wood gas and coal gas are very close I think?
do you have an explanation of why the mixing of these gases and the air is different?

Wood gas consists of rughly 30% CO and 15% H2. Charcoal gas without water injected in the reaction zone has about 40% CO and only traces of H2. You culd inject water to achive the same ratio as woodgas, but this wuld be tricky to do. Wood already contains metered amounts of charcoal and water. But hey, why not try it anyways?

I just saw the video of your AutoMixer. I like very much this refined building (you probably have a family link with your compatriot Nicolas Tesla !):grinning:

1 Like

Ha not that i wuld know off, althugh he was born close to where l live :smile: