Vacuum Automixer project

Hi, Kristijan!

Good to see it functioning! Are you using a “visir”-type rolling plate valve?

Hi Kristijan,

Based on logical chemistry and my observations plus endless testing , with normal air, a charcoal gasifier will only get 34% CO tops, playing with water drip, will increase that near 38-40% plus H2 rising, refining it with EGR and Nitrogen separation… hitting the 80% CO, same goes for using pure O2 and blending with CO2, 98% CO in lab conditions…

Since all air contains moisture, and charcoal is never dry, ( unless fresh from the charcoaling unit )
you can consider the same amounts for both gasses ( woodgas/ char gas)
be it that the charcoal gas is a little more consistent in keeping its quality

1 Like

Yes Max its a plate valve. Easyer to fabricate thain a buterfly flap and no problems with balancing. It closes 100%, if l plug the gas syde the engine dyes with membrane closeing the air valve. Hard to do that with buterfly.

Edit l just noticed l posted the video on your topic instead of my, you can move it if you want Chris.

1 Like

It looks like you are on here, so I’ll ask my question. What is a “virsir” valve. I Googled it but got nothing TomC

1 Like

Imagine something like this:

https://www.google.si/search?q=plate+valve&client=ms-android-samsung&hl=sl-SI&source=lnms&prmd=ivmn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiy4fbZhtjPAhUCbBoKHWJ7BM0Q_AUIBygB&biw=320&bih=508#hl=sl-SI&tbm=isch&q=wood+stove+air+intake&imgrc=CEchhq2oOrW_3M%3A

1 Like

Hi Kristijan!

Any driving tests yet?

1 Like

Yes, the unsucsessfull one (due to many airleaks) from yesterday. Will fix them and get rid of that good for nothing ss flexhose.

2 Likes

Kristijan, that is very impressive indeed, I love the mixing valve a coupler with a sliding plate and everything is so compact nice job on the build.
Bob

Kristijan, and @Chris, I own the truck that the auto-mixer is in. I think it’s great that there is a new project started on this thread. I have already moved my project to my thread carry on, this is exciting what you are doing.
Bob

Hi Kristijan,

I forgot to comment on your build (automixer)
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1:

Same amount for Chris
:+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1::+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the thumbs up guys, l apreciate it!

Koen, what do you mean with nitrogen separation? How does that work?

1 Like

Hi Koen
you use a AutoMixer with the gasifier small truck?

Kristijan!
Your automixer seems to work very well. Neat build.
But I’m a bit confused. The idea here is to even out differatial pressure between gas and air, right? The video says “on petrol”. Are you just mixing air and air here?

Correct. I put a restrictive plug in the gas hose to simulate gasifier restriction for the video.

1 Like

Hi, Kristijan!
14.10. 2016

There are a lot of applicable valves for this use. Back in 1994 I used a cylindrical slide-valve moving along its length axis…

1 Like

Hi Thierry,

No, mine is still hand adjusted, as it is for teaching…

Not sure, but i think this kind of auto-mixer only works if you have a “twin flap” carburator, meaning a valve on both gas line and airline…

1 Like

This is awesome. First post I read when I found the site. Two questions, Do you have a startup bellows like Gasman described, or does this replace that? And may I replicate?(or attempt toxD)

I never got as far as building the startup idle mechanism. It works OK without, although I’m sure it’s better with.

Yes, please do build one. But not until you’ve learned to drive without it - think of this as woodgas calculus… start by learning basic addition and subtraction (manual air mixture).

3 Likes

Hi, Justin!
You got the framework by Chris, who also has made a series of videos describing how he made his version of the system.
The start-up idle bellow is a parallell/alternative function to the “handgas” setting on the dashboard.
The handgas should not be used for startup if the bellows is set correct.

The bellows makes starting flexible for different temperatures, as it is setting the achieved succing vacuum when start-crancing.
If well pre-set, it is usually better than a less routined driver.

It does not replace anything; it is an extra device guaranteeing enough vacuum for correct mixing ratio at cranking.

Go through Chris’ all videos about it before starting a build!
This lessens misconseptions and a lot of work…

1 Like

Hi, Justin

Here is the adress to the project: