Victoria's Corner

what type of wood would you be using as feed stock Kevin?

Hi Kevin,

My recommendation would be to run something like my little battery charger for 1-2 hours charging a battery bank and then run off an inverter. If you only need 300W you will pay a high price to continuously overcome engine friction which does nothing for you.

I have another person in Denmark asking for a larger hopper so I may have to move that project to the front burner

Stephen

1 Like

I have no large battery bank ,just thinking in terms of a week or two ice storm type sinario, The only wood that i would have is chunked wood and i havent finished my chunker yet.It seems it would be a good seller ,in that type of a rig for an option.I really wont be buying any gasifiers,unless i hit the lottery ,and thats not very likely.BBB THANKS, stock them up untill the power goes out ,then you could be rich, good luck with sales.

Hi Wood Gassers,

I pulled some muscles in my back and am having a hard time standing. My Seal Cove demo scheduled for Thursday will have to be postponed until I am less broken. It will probably be 2-3 weeks.

Stephen

Hi Steve, hope you heal quickly. Al

get better buddy, sore backs suck

Get well soon. I’ve hurt my back so I know how you feel…

Jeff

Thanks, guys!!!

The Cripple

Hi Wood Gassers,

I know this is short notice but on Thursday(7/16/2015) I will be doing a demo at Seal Cove Auto Museum for a young people’s day event:

Feel free to stop by and check out the Gas Station Lite.

Stephen

4 Likes

Hi Wood Gassers,

Demos are fun when there are cool toys around!

I wasn’t allowed to charge this 1908 Rauch Lang electric car with the Gas Station but Victoria was ready and willing!

Stephen

5 Likes

Very very cool… I’ll say it again, sure wish I lived closer

One of these days I am going to have to take a road trip north so we can finally meet, share a couple beers, and burn some chips! :grinning:

1 Like

I look forward to that day brother

You could pitstop here on the way. I’m about 4hrs south. Would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Hi Wood Gassers,

I was just asked to do another demo on Saturday, 8/1. This one will be at The Maine Forest and Logging Museum:

http://www.maineforestandloggingmuseum.org/

near Bangor, ME.

This demo is going to be a challenge because it is off grid. That’s right, no starting power for AC compressors. I am going to have to pull out some of my “stealth tech” that has been hiding in the barn and pray I don’t make a fool of myself(more).

For those of you who can’t make it(and to prove to myself that it works) I am going to try to post a video later this week.

Stephen

4 Likes

A little pratice before hand has never hurt… lm sure you’ll do fine.

Hi Wood Gassers,

I had to cancel my appearance at Common Ground Fair. It’s a GREAT fair, certainly my fall favorite, but because I am a business they wouldn’t allow me to give my once a day presentation. They wanted to bill me a decent amount of money for the whole three day event and have a booth. With travel and trailer rentals I just can’t afford it. It’s just a money issue.

If you already have it planned you will not be disappointed.

Stephen

Hi Wood Gassers,

A funny thing happened tonight…I accepted a job!! It only took 6 years since my last gig! I am going to be a lab manager, drafting prof, and senior project coordinator at the University of Maine’s mechanical engineering department. The fun part is that I can bring in some of my wood gas stuff as part of the teaching curriculum for students. It is all part of my devious plan to cure the epidemic of gray hair amongst wood gassers.

I will have a LOT of free time in the summers so Gas Stations will still be available. I just may have to outsource more of the routine construction work.

Stephen

9 Likes

Congrats on the job, Stephen

Very cool my friend…