Videos not necessary wood gas related

Never knew about this before.

10 Likes

He sounds Quebecoise, likely Canadian.

7 Likes

Ok, i watched without sound, so just a guess :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

He didn’t seem familiar at all with the machine but most of my thoughts was about why he had a big collectionbox right next to where the pieces landed :smile:

I have never heard of it either, almost like a myth. Interesting

5 Likes

I meant Almost SOUNDS like a myth, I am not some know-it-all guy :joy:

4 Likes

Goren and Johan view the original on YouTube.
Then open up the sponsoring channel Farmer Helper Machinery
Then open up all videos.
Scroll down to one titled “See Our factory.”
Defiantly not European. Defiantly not US or Canadian.
Taiwan or mainland China I’d say. Korean, maybe?

So thier own designs copying open source principals.
Yep. I think Cody is correct a French-Canadian presenter for sale presentation directly from the Asia factory to the USA market. The clipped dimensions being given in inches.

Ha! Ha! EU, Canadian or USA, Japan and it would be plastered with safety and warning stickers.
S.U.

7 Likes

I must be one of those snowbilly red necks because a lot of these things make total sense to me.

13 Likes

Well Tom, as Jerry Clower has said, you know someone is a Redneck if they’ve got a bunch of cars and trucks and only half of em crank up.

I ain’t too proud to admit I might be a redneck.

14 Likes

How can you tell if he is the best redneck mechanic in town. Half of his vehicles will not crank over and start. But that’s because he only has enough batteries for half of them.

13 Likes
5 Likes

I think this is from BorlÀnge?

11 Likes

That’s right, Jan. I’m sorry you couldn’t make it. You even missed out on a meal at a Thai resturant. I don’t think they served herring and potatoes though :smile:

8 Likes

I’ve probably never been to a Thai restaurant, I like MAX when I’m in BorlĂ€nge.

8 Likes

Some good Julius Sumner Miller content

6 Likes

That is a good one. :slight_smile:

I liked this one. There was a bit of a ruckus about it because it was teaching billiards. lol

4 Likes

There was one of these near where I lived as a kid. It was always a thrill to pass under it in the car

12 Likes

That was interesting. His mention of the issues with finding anyone that could still splice the cables struck a note. Many skills have been lost that were once commonplace. I apprenticed as a structural and ornamental Ironworker in the 1960’s. It was a time of transition. Companies were becoming more interested in meat than brains. Rigging was still part of the training and we had to be proficient in splicing rope but even then only a few of the old timers could eye splice cable. It certainly took a toll on your hands and the older guys that could still do things like cable splicing and sharpening reamers were adverse to passing that knowledge on. Once you hit your 40’s it got much harder to keep employed because even at that age you could not maintain the pace that the younger guys could. If you didn’t have at least a few non-muscle related skills you were going to spend a lot of time on the bench at the union hall waiting to get sent out. Been thirty years since I was in that trade and I imagine that now none of those skills are still taught. I served a four year apprentice ship which they later cut down to three. Probably two by now. After that I went into residential building and it was a challenge to find anyone claiming to be a carpenter than could even read a tape measure or or use a framing square.

11 Likes

You lost big time but having those skills. They still have those cable cars at cedar point. You could be the old duffer with the skills to fix it. And get free rides on some fun big coasters to help keep you feeling young :slight_smile: however they might contract that out for liability purposes.

4 Likes

Hey Tom the 80’s movie predicts all , you hit the nail on the head with that link .
Dave

4 Likes

Interesting video covering exhaust flows, look in particular at what a sharp 90 degree bend does.

4 Likes