Volkswood 1971 bug-truck with Imbert gasifier

I think there is a real risk your studs will get pulled out of the block.

1 Like

you do know they are threaded in right and the bottom of the intake manifold is bolted to the case at the T in the manifold i think it will be fine =)

1 Like

i dont think its going to vibrate around the way you think this one looks fine and it basicaly has the same brakets

4 Likes

here is another one same basic setup

3 Likes

If other people do that way should be fine then
Watch it just the same, yours is longer more weight and there remains a chance for a sympathetic resonance to shake things.

3 Likes

i completly understand ill keep an eye on it =)

3 Likes

Iā€™m not into VWs anymore as they are all rusted away up here, But, I am impressed with your shop. TomC

3 Likes

looking good Xoie, long as you got it braced up , you may be ok, I dont like key boarding some times either. Good too see you have a good working model.I have a working gasifier too, and its nice too know how too make work, and were all finding ways too remodifi over time, mostly little things and fine tuneing, changeing too easyer cleaning options, so on on. yours looks nice and compact fit in the little buggy, as Wayne said i like it too, looks neat and its usefull.

4 Likes

DAAARRRRNNNNN, I miss my 67 Karman Ghia!!!

3 Likes

By the way, it was a convertible, too, whhhhaaaaa

4 Likes

mine is hard top convertable =)

3 Likes

I was always intrigued by the Thing, then I worked my way through university down at Auburn working at a VW service center. My boss owned several old vwā€™s. Kinda got my fill of working on them, then marriage, children, lifeā€¦etcā€¦Never got back to it.

Xoie, your ride looks good.

4 Likes

finally got the supercharger on and tuned pretty good the wood gas interface is not on it yet i just wanted to get it running first then ill ad the wood gas IDK how much boost its making yet i suspect 3-5 according to the pulley math =)

11 Likes

I love the sound! Cant wait to see how it likes woodgas.

6 Likes

I love this truckā€¦

4 Likes

ok here we go the usual apologes for the shaking it is a VW and the wind screen was dirty but the hell with all that listen to the sound this thing has Rs for days and i think it needs a tast more boost as it dosent idol very good but OMG that was amazing =) (this was on gas only)

6 Likes

Sounds good Xoie , on my wood gas truck, it idles better if i cut the air down, that alows the engine too pull more fuel in at low rpms.

4 Likes

this was on gas the blower dosent turn fastenof at idol it dosent have a by-pass so all i need to do is ether run the idol fast or put my stock larger main pully on and it will be fine =)

4 Likes

meaning, ? Gasoline?

3 Likes

Ditto what Billy said. We almost canā€™t use the word gas on here. Either woodgas, gasoline, or enough context so we can figure out what you mean.
Rindert

2 Likes