Volkswood 1971 bug-truck with Imbert gasifier

Hello Xoie .

Are there any update on the super charged VW ?

Thanks Wayne

5 Likes

only bad ones i drove it out to the desert and back on gas it only got 10 MPG B/C i have to ajust the curve in the distributor and install a bypass valve but then about 5 miles from my house the oil plug fell out and it was too foggy to tell it was smoking and i felt the power go away and just as i pulled into the gas station it locked up and spun the #4 rod bearing THEN!! i rebuilt the hole thing to have it run for 2 seconds literally and lock up again dew to a flaw in the NEW! crank shaft ANY WAY i rebuilt it AGAIN and it didnt destroy it self it is currently running on gas N/A no gasifier but that only b/c im waiting for parts and i have to get some stuff out tof the way b4 i can get back to it ill keep you in touch and i could really use it right now gas is 4.30$ a gal =(

4 Likes

sorry for the late reply i have been super buisy =(

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your issues, that has to take some of the thrill out of your project.

I have wondered how hard it would be to have a “low oil” shutoff like all of the small engines have. The idiot light only comes on with no oil pressure and the damage has started.

4 Likes

im putting in a mecanical oil presure guage =)

5 Likes

Hey Xoie is there any up date on your gasifier Volkswood 1971 Bug-truck?
Bob

2 Likes

i am currently fitting it with a roots style supercharger i got it on and the WG interface completed it will be done soon i have a show for it to be at at the end of the month my you tube channel has the lattest videos the oil plug came out and destroyed the motor but i have all ready rebuilt it here is a link to my channel

4 Likes

hewre is a short update on the supercharged wood gas beetle

8 Likes

here is the latest update almost done =)

5 Likes

ok here is up date 3 after i fix the cyclone cach it will be ready to flair and then i just need to hook up a few mor things and it will be oerational good thing gas just hit 4$ a gal that means its more than 60 cents a mile to drive my trick and about 12 cents a mile for the beetle on gas and free to drive it on wood =)

10 Likes

That Volkswood bug-truck is looking good.
Bob

5 Likes

thank you i hope it runs as good as it looks =)

6 Likes

Xoie, I just saw your Volkswood trucking running again on you tube. Post what you are now doing with it.
Bob

3 Likes