Ok so much going on!!! So Ive cooked on that grill for three days now. I ended up taking out more of the jets and I think we will have to manufacture a small grill to offer. I was really concerned with soots and tars after seeing what the rocket and other stoves can do to the bottom of a pan. If youve seen my pot in the pictures its supposed to be shiny SS not black lol. But on the burner of the Micro its pretty limited if at all, its hard to tell now that its as black as it is. I whipped some burgers yesterday and today and they seem fine and were actually pretty good. But Im still a little cautious yet; I want to learn more about cooking from a direct wood gas flame a bit. I dont see why it would be any different cooking over a campfire though.
So another test I did was revisit the charcoal reactor integration. Much of this is only speculation at this point, I still have to run a lot more in both modes to make any real determinations. The flare seems to show more orange in this dual mode. This may be as the upper reactor is now running more rich. I think the air ratio is split 30/70; 30% going to the charcoal reactor. When I performed an engine run my observation was the air metering was about 20% further open from previous runs. I need to run on the single reactor again to verify this further. But if this is the case a smaller gasifier will be able to run a larger engine.
Condensate was as clean as all other pryor engine runs. The hose collects moisture and it is almost clear when I dump it out.
I think this can be set up three ways, with jetting balanced in one direction or the other. if the jetting is more focused on the charcoal reactor, The ash yield will be less but you then run the chance of running out of charcoal if the upper reactor can not keep up. If you can find the sweet spot with the ratios then ash maintenance will be reduced greatly and possibly down to a weekly check or longer. If its set up to the top reactor the char yield will be still need to be checked but still reduced. In any of these set ups the machine will gain efficiencies. I think there is a lot to discover here, this is a bit more of tuning but I really think this is achievable.
The Biowind project is starting to come together, I should start testing as early as late nest week. Now that the weather is getting nicer we may set up the wind turbine on a short mast for testing.
To add to my projects both of my JD round fenders are set up on stands getting rebuilt. The one many have seen is just getting put back together stock so we can mow the lawn lol. but I have an identical one that was equipped with the hydrolift. Im going to retire this as a mower and completely tear it down repaint and update the engine with the Kohler we have on our test mule. Im planning on this doubling as an inverter generator. It will basically get all the components from our test unit. Not sure what Im going to do with the hydraulic unit but Im going to leave it intact. Im sure I will think of something. Might get the plow attachment for it