Vulcan Gasifier

Thanks matt. I was’ent shur,i thought ss sheet all came in 5’/10’ sheets,as the steel co,by my house sells them that way. and heard you say somthing about plans,thought you meant plasma table plans,now that would’ent make too much sence i suppose,if you are selling cnc tables.Is $ 7.500 cnc capable of running out maltable parts,or one at a time then relocate the plasma tortch, I know i am probble asking dumb questains. GOOD LUCK with your new cnc endever,Sounds interesting.

Hi Kevin,

Yeah I was talking about is possibly putting those plans together with DXF files to give our machine a little nitch. But like i said this will require big efforts. Chris, Wayne and now Ben Im sure can all attest to that, that is a big chore to accomplish.

Yeah the Turnkey ready to run can process full sheets at a time or you can run part by part. We set up our DXF files in a cad drawing and lay it all out then create the Sheet CAM file. When the machine is done we crumple up the carcass like a piece of paper and throw in the recycle bin. :fire:

2 Likes

Are you into lazor cutting,or plasma cutting,projects?Thanks

These machines will be multi purpose. You could put a laser on it, router system, engraver, etching equipment etc. We cant afford laser optics, so plasma it is, no need really for a laser for what we do. The plasma cut quality on our machine is actually pretty good very little clean up.

1 Like

Anyone need a giant cyclone???

1 Like

HI MATT, NOTHING THE angle grinder caint get close enough for jig and then mig, i got my plasma cutter hooked up and working today after hardware ing up a 30 amp twist lock plug for my cord, is there any tricks too getting a slag minumized.Its working good though,after i cut some plates for trailer hitch adaptor, i checked for warm spots on plasma.had the 5 regular caps,and the two strange looking tan color caps were the warm’est at about 93 f , ran it at 35 amps so far.It could use a computor fan on each side exturnal,if i were cutting 50 amp continuos like the claim is.or two of them ball bearing fans 4 or 5 ".

consistency and finding the right speed is the key. If you are doing this by hand its about impossible. The CNC machines feed rate is set up and optimized so the slag falls off when the part is done.

1 Like

NICE setup you are working at,Good luck with it my friend.I got to hit the shop wite now to finish wash machine repair job,not bad mark up just not enough of them,soon enough,just getting buy.THANKS

That cyclone may work decent for a air compressor, maybe too big, not sure. It would remove some moisture id suppose.

1 Like

LOL yeah that thing is for my neighbors woodshop for part of his filtering system. Yeah rolling that cone was lots fun, still had to beat the living…ur…I mean form it on the bench after rolling it. :smile:

1 Like

Well it would have good surface area too help condence out the moisture, I think waynes heat exchanger works the best for varring conditions,while its a drop box,its at least a dual purpose heat exchanger,fitting inside a water heater.I built one like waynes ,and it was’ent that hard too make,all though i all most made it too big for too put inside a water heater,it should really work good.

1 Like

Did I say I was only going to offer one machine next year. Oh I meant yeah the Flex S-1 and the new Micro…I cant keep up.

Well here is the deal we really needed to get a simple machine with lower pricing on the market. It also needed be something we can build fast. So most of the parts are bought off the shelf, I should call this the McMaster Carr gasifier system. Just about 80% of this machine is from McMaster.

You know it never fails as soon as I pulled the smaller M-Series my email blew up. So here it is, plan to build this first one this weekend.

4 Likes

Gettin there, Need to finish the hopper, blower and connection pipe from the cooler barrel to the final filter and we will be ready to light. I wish all our machines were this easy!!!

3 Likes

Well didnt get as far as I wanted to today, but we are getting very close. Just need to install the blower and drain ports and it will be ready to fire up.

3 Likes

OK so the business plan is changing a bit more. Yeah I know, I know lol.

So here is a brand new product this is a simple little camp stove we are going to offer. Its pretty neat, the stand folds up into the stove to make it compact for transport. It does have some tech too, there is sort of an after burner at the top to heat the hot plate. This is also cool as it has hot and cooler areas for cooking. I used it last night to heat the shop and it puts out tons of heat.

This proto is for sale for $150.00 just want to recoup the materials put into it.

I am now planning to expand our technology into primary heating systems. We will work our way up, next will be a expanded version of this machine to include heating tube for forced air. Then we will build larger versions using Imbert concepts, that can process split wood. First will be a garage heater then home heating. :fire:

4 Likes

@Matt we obviously have very different definitions of “simple little camp stove”.

That is a very nice “log cabin/RV stove” you have made there, and 150$ seems like a great deal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol Brian yeah I suppose I used the term a bit loosely. I think it is more along the lines of the larger tent stoves that are available. Its a neat little stove, Im having lots of fun with this. Even though it just makes fire!!!

I also got to play with the new Micro today. Not too bad for the first light off, a bit dirty yet. I have no char to perform break in, so its taking a bit to get it going. Once I did get it to light off it ran pretty stable even without a shaker. I think once shes burned in it will make some decent gas for a low cost machine.

1 Like

Matt, did you say that this is a gasifying camp stove without using Imbert concepts??

No this is a straight up wood stove.

Later on we will build bigger wood gas mass heaters with those concepts.

Here is the production version. We are going to call it the “Spark”

2 Likes