Wayne's 94 ram 318 , general thread

I have been to land auctions , estate auctions , equipment auctions, car and truck auctions , cattle, horse and mule auctions but never a chicken auction until last week my son talked me into going with him.

Seems like a wood burning truck fits right in the picture . LOL

In most cases the fuel cost to the event would have been more than the livestock traded . But not in our case .

Not to argue, but I don’t think those are chickens… Pheasents and ducks, I do believe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey BrianWA are you calling foul on the Fowl Auction?
Looks like fair fowl to me.
S.U.

1 Like

S.U.: Damned straight I’m calling foul! I hope that in my “calling foul” I can help Wayne avoid a “foul fowl foul-up”!

Hopefully, everyone at the Fowl Auction was “flying level” and not playing fowl!

Ok, I’m done with the bird puns. (for now)

1 Like

Actually those are guineas.

Cousins to the pheasant - hollow boned and very flight capable - about half wild. They will stay around for the most part, and are excellent grasshopper and snake control, as well as watch “dog”. Tend to roost in trees where they become owl prey. Well-hidden ground nests are very susceptible to fire ants.

Will scratch in the dirt, but won’t bother your garden produce unless there is absolutely nothing else for them to eat.

Very tasty if you get 'em young. All dark meat, just like a pheasant, although you will likely have to “hunt” them with a .22 rifle to catch one.

1 Like

Hello Brian ,

What Alex said .

My son and his friend sold a few chickens and bought more guineas.

The guineas are kinda like a watch dog . If anything is out of the ordinary around home they will raise hell .

are good tick hunters too!

The guinea watch dog call
buck-wheat, buck-wheat, buck-wheat

Guinea males are much more annoying… http://youtu.be/o_B2lMEyBsk?t=14s

Just a typical Sunday morning,

Smiling with every mile

It’s nice to view your highway speed expectation going up a long hill without bringing in “anxious fuel” to be normal traffic. I have not been on Sunday drives since the early 1970’s in my Dad’s 429 cu in Mercury Marquis. I still know odd back roads from touring in the back seat during classic America.

Wow how time flies !!

Today I realized it had been 8-9 months since I posted on this thread .

On the way back from town I pulled out the camera and filmed a couple of miles . The Ram is still alive and running great.

Nice vidio driveing the oversize burn tube tunned too around 450 f, is that truck moveing the char ok, or have too use that WK grait shaker more ofton.THANKS WAYNE/CHRIS/ AND BETTER HALFS. Glad you and chris got the site going.

Hello Kevin ,

I don,t need to use the grate shaker much on any of the trucks. At each cold start up of the gasifier if the fire is started at the grate this will burn and clean away the fines . As long as I am driving no more than 75-100 miles with each cold start up I can’t remember having to activate the shaker . Also on much longer trips if the gasifier is kept up to a good operating temp there may be no need for the shaker .

If one is having to use his shaker too much he may want to increase the size of his fuel .

BBB

Thanks again for the knowlege and vidios are better than thousand words.I get my truck done few more weeks i will make a driveing vidio,my used camera’s are in the mail,hope they are good for while,the MP are only 3 and 5 mega pixels.

I fired the Ram this morning before day light and took a trip into town to the coffee shop and this afternoon the wife and I went out visiting. It has been raining all day and not a lot I want to do outside except burn a little wood.

Yes , she had to stop at Wally world $$

2 Likes

When you want to DOW, WW is as good an excuse as any. Not the cheapest, but still . . .

That processor looks good on the 318 ram,the side rails seem a little few, You guys in alibama can send some heat this way any time,old man winter is takeing his time heading back north, high 31 and 33 f two day yet this week.SWEM

From the outside looking in .

The family went out for about a 50 mile Sunday afternoon drive .

May want to kill the volume , lot of wind noise and I didn’t say anything untill the last couple of seconds .

SWEM

5 Likes

Wayne, what were you doing that they had to put you in the back of the truck? :smirk:

2 Likes