Wayne's 94 ram 318 , general thread

I love butter beans :hushed:

3 Likes

I wondered already when you mentioned all the wind noise. :smile:

1 Like

Wayne, you stay off the bottom side of that truck when it’s rolling. :anguished:

Thats one way too get the adrendlen up,while staying cool and hanging tuff,Speed on demand,that looked pretty fast through your camera,Theres one16D running good, seems too be running hot enough,SWEM

I see you snuk a β€œselfy” in there.TomC

Hello Mr. Tom

Yes the video was OK up until my ugly mug popped up :grin:

1 Like

GOOD MORNING WAYNE,I woundered what your hay filter temp runs on the silver ram with the short cooling rails,you must be droping a bit of heat inside the heat exchanger allso,SWEM

Hello Kevin .

I can not feel any heat on any of the hay filters . I would expect the temp would be no more than 10-15 degrees above ambient .

BBB

HI WAYNE GOOD MORNING, just been looking at your cooling rack clean outs on this truck and caint tell what they are made from,they look like plastic pipe plugs,? THEY LOOK NEAT THOUGH.

Yes Kevin .

3/4 inch plastic plugs .

Good morning all.

It has been a couple of months that I have posted on this thread . No news is good news !!

Have been driving daily and running good . We put a couple hundred miles down last weekend and plan a couple hundred this weekend.

Below is a short video of running errands yesterday .

BBB
Wayne

2 Likes

Nice looking countryside there MR Wayne Keith, good time too travel on wood with the ac blasting.The big 318 dodge is cooling write along,The UV has been cooking clear up here in north country last few weeks.Thanks for keeping us updated.

No news may be good news :joy:

Driving the wood trucks have gotten so routine that there seems to be nothing to report about them .

Have wood will travel :relaxed:

4 Likes

Hello Wayne
Every thing is pretty routine here to, 30 to 5o miles a day been running good ,except a few times I about twisted the knob off the fuel pump switch thinking it had to be still running on gasoline.

Hello Mr. Jim .

Yes I know what you are saying about the fuel knob.

When you do put gasoline in the truck do you have to stop a minute and think which side the fuel door is :joy:

2 Likes

Wayne, I have always been meaning to ask you about that 16 inch burn tube in the Ram. Would you do it again?

1 Like

Hello Wayne
Yes I have to stop and think, I just filled it up last week and I cant remember how long or were I filled it up the time before that.

1 Like

Lots of beutifull contryside,nothing but cow pastures every ware, cant wait till i get back too gasifier project.and get a wood chunker built.

Good morning Don.

The 16 inch burn tube is working good. Never had a bridge , it will eat some big fuel without bridging . The problem is with the 16 inch fire tube is the outside container has to be larger than the standard 55 gallon drum .

If I had a supply of reasonably priced large drums I may build another 16 inch gasifier BUT the only drums I can find are 10x the cost of the 55 gallon .

1 Like

HI Wayne K were you able too too raise the choke much on the ram.THANKS