Wayne's V-10 Ram

I am sitting in the back bed on a chair watching the gasifier make wood gases. Hey where is Lisa sitting Don? On your lap?
Bob

7 Likes

she is sitting on Wayne’s’ lap.

7 Likes

Thanks for another facinating ride in your v10 truck- Just wondering how many weeks your alibama grass is in hybrination or nor green,i never lived south of michigan. other than indianopolis during auto mechenic school at lincoln tech.back in 1977.

6 Likes

Good morning Kevin .

I believe it is about 4 months the grass doesn’t grow.

5 Likes

That sounds much better than about 7 months in this side or end of the country.Our grass mostly stops growing most of october till half way into may or first of june. It might not get too long before some time in june-depending 0n the year. HAPPY SPRING TIME.

2 Likes

Nothing new or exciting just daily DOW stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

( sorry about the shaky camera , should have used my cap-cam )

15 Likes

Mr. Wayne, I stepped out for a moment to burn a bag of wood chips. :grin:

16 Likes

That was fun ride, and it wasn’t to cold in the back of the old wood burn truck, the heat coming off of the gasifier was almost like sitting next to a wood stove or a burning barrel outside. Nice. Hi Lisa, you sould do more of the camera holding, you do a great job with the camera taking videos. We then would be able to see the SWEM on Wayne’s face more often. HWWT.
Bob

13 Likes

Tone, you are not in a short supply of rock, gravel, sand, and hard work with that crusher. Making it all on wood gas for the most part.
Bob

8 Likes

Just daily woodgas stuff.

Firing the gasifier for the day .

15 Likes

I tried to do like you this morning, it went very quickly to ready gas, only a few minutes at a slightly higher idle, before I could turn off the gas, thanks Wayne.

11 Likes

The V-10 Ram earning it’s keeps .

13 Likes

What do you think the tongue weight on that load and trailer is Wayne? That’s a far piece from the front axle to the hitch. A far piece. I thought I’d through in a little good old boy talk to show I’m not an uppity yankee.

8 Likes

Hello Tom

That is an old heavy trailer I built back in the late 70s and just a WAG I think it would weigh 6-8 K and I think the load would weigh 5-6 K . So another WAG I would think the GN hitch weight would be just less than two tons.

10 Likes

Below is showing a warm start up using no gasoline . The truck had sit 15- 20 minutes

10 Likes

The shut down of your truck is as simple as you can get.
Bob

6 Likes

Out playing with the work truck this morning :grinning:

13 Likes

NIce work sharing your wood gas powered vehicles, AND the design that has over 250.000 miles of prof that the design works well with dry wood as it should- FROM the book HAVE-WOOD-WILL-TRAVEL.AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR DESIGN- WORKS GREAT.

1 Like

Looks like your grass is perking up- we been getting a bit of rain too- though it looks dry for next three weeks after this week-for april showers- not that many rain days. OR i should say hay- IS hay just tall grass or a certain type of grass?

1 Like

Just daily driving with the work truck

13 Likes