Wayne's V-10 Ram

Thanks for your response Wayne.
To me it sounds like it’s worth a try.

No truer words were ever spoken!

1 Like

Sound of a goat ( Ram ) eating wood , bark and saw dust (Biomass )

I was out driving the goat early this morning and tried to record the sound of the motor.

At a narrow range at 1300 rpm it will resonate and I could listen to it all day and love it .

Nothing like hearing that big V10 talk!!!

Come to think about it that’s the sound of saving money!!!

1 Like

I put a quick 350 miles on the V-10 today pulling a load . I hit the big roads and let her rip . I did a lot of hybrid driving, if the gasifier temps started getting to hot I would go into hybrid mode .

I used 26 sack of wood at about 13 pounds a sack ( pine ) and somewhere around 15 gallons of gasoline .

Arvid ,

Do you think this ole hay binder that I drug in ( pics below ) will look OK blowing a little smoke ? Or should I say, eating a little smoke .

BBB
Wayne

i like it

is that 4x4? nice!!! Cant wait to see it drive on wood!!!

At first I thought it was 4 wheel drive by the looks of the front tires; then I looked at the front axle.

Don , Matt ,

The little tractor is not a 4 wheel drive. I need to trade those front tires and wheels to someone !!

Wayne’s got the tractor bug!

Might have to delay the Dakota build to get the tractor going

:slight_smile:

I have put several miles on the V-10 already this morning . Below is a very short video of using it to help rob tractor parts in my junk yard . Pretty strong even on wood .

Between three wood burners I put down a couple hundred miles today . I had a visit from Steve Cross and he was with me for about a hundred miles. ( Amazing what Steve can do with recycled material , check out his web site http://crosssawmill.com/ and also search cross sawmill on you-tube )

Short video Visit from Steve Cross - YouTube

Might have to rephrase the statement about likely being the only ones driving three different wood vehicles today. There’s getting to be several around . but we still enjoyed it !!

SWEM

with all the projects you have going I didn’t think you ever sit down good to see it gives the rest of us time to catch up .

Hey Paul ,

We didn’t sit long , we were just giving the wives a few minutes to get dinner on the table :wink:

“Classic Country”, Keith & Cross

Thanks Carl

You being a saw miller you may enjoy this documentary - YouTube

Thanks Wayne, It don’t look like Mr. Cross ever did anything small. Those were the “good old days”, no guards, no shields, just work and produce, and they did! The big mill here at Rosboro had men to ride the carriage and set blocks.

1 Like

I didn’t figure you would .

That’s a very neat piece of massive machinery, just what I like, thanks for posting Wayne!

Good morning all,

I was out and gone in the V-10 just at daylight this morning and noticed somewhat of a milestone as the odometer rolled up 20,000 miles on wood gas driving. For the length of time the truck has been here that may not sound like much but there was always two other wood burners here also, that was driven often and on the longer trips. .

This size and weight truck ( near 8,000 pounds ) doing short trips, farm work , pulling trailers etc. may average about 6-8 mpg. if on gasoline . If I do the math I feel the gasifier has paid for itself .

HWWT