Wayne's V-10 Ram

I got a note book full of pure 75% Learning help Thanks, If my computor would save, i would have stuff on cd, i supose i can post progress or vidio when i get camera later, Thats good too know too run with out grait shaker 4 or 5 hundred miles.I got my grait chains fixed, it has a little movement now with weight on the grait. Working on my slitely over sized burn tube houseing,seeing how much tin insulate too slide in, going out now too weld the bottom on, then add a peice of angle between the square corners too stop vacauem or burp force’es ,SWEM ,

Still working the ole truck daily . Below is a short video in the hills this morning .

BBB

1 Like

Mr. Wayne. What are you using to hold the camera now days. I see the truck jostling about but the video is very steady.TomC I’ll give you that you do have some hills down there Now I say they don’t have roads thru them thar hills. I hope you found your way home.

Got plenty of wood out there,nice woods, I would like too get at least 8 or 10 acers solid woods ,in south some day latter on.probly all the wood i would need for fuel,leaveing the smaller ones like the tree cutters do.

1 Like

Mr. Tom .

Son was holding the camera . He is bigger , stronger, much steadier and 50 years younger than I.

2 Likes

It looked too be at about 450 f. at the rails The vally looked like nice place too tag a deer.BBB

Does bigger wood work better for driveing slow. it seems it might raise the temp a little up too some point.

Good morning Kevin .

Yes at that point we were running about 450 F entering the cooling rails.

Several deer have been bagged in this area , lot of oak trees and acorns .

I think a rough rule of thumbs could be the smaller the fuel the harder the gasifier can be worked . The smaller the fuel the more likely it will make dirty gas if not worked hard enough .

BBB

Just checking my note book accurecy,I gotta get two of them man law gauges , i have them in my watch list.As they have a little more reserve temp rated.THAT IS ANOTHER GOOD WAY TOO LOOK AT WOOD SIZEING ALLSO.,THANKS FOR THE STUDY SITE AND PLANS.

Typical routine driving .

I took the wife shopping and the truck set 30-45 minutes while she spent my money . In this situation I hardly every run the blowers for start ups. I start up on gasoline, hit the road and let the motor vacuum start the gasifier .

1 Like

its so green down there. Things dont seem to green up around here until May.

That would have saved me 1/2 gallon of fuel just too get the old motor warmed up on dino.That truck warms up quik,instant good power fuel.Thanks for the all the learning vidios, This wood gas truck design you made,really is a great idea of of a refinery.Caint wait too get the time too finish mine.SWEM

What time is the useual first hay harvest,I keep getting pulled off my cooling rails to odd job paybacks, cooling rails another week set back.SWEM

Good morning Kevin.

Most folks around here have already made their fist hay cutting . I will be cutting after our Argos trip .

Good morning wayne,sorry i forgot too add that on my questian,Thanks were just getting buds on the tree’s this week,been some short summers lately,have a safe trip too argoe’s,and enjoy the traveling time,swem

Below is a picture of working wood burner farm truck , early Sunday morning firing up.

Yes I know it is Sunday but no time for rest . Too much hay on the ground and God has given me a window of opportunity with the weather …

BBB

5 Likes

You got plenty of view on the red ram, Happy hay’en, looks like hit miss rain all week up towards the north pole.MICHIGAN, You better get it while it is dry, or cut less at a time and get it rapp’ed with all the blessed rain.They are starting too blame the crazy weather on the fukashema blob of warm water 1000 miles wide by 300 feet deep, 5% f warmer than the rest of the ocean.SWEM THAT HAY.

Hello all.

Hopefully in the next day or two I can catch up on the the DOW. We have been going wide open to take advantage of a weather opportunity to harvest hay .

It seems the hay drys best with temps up near 100F but it sure beats us old folks down .

We have been working the soup out of the V-10

BBB

4 Likes

Well, good! Engines really don’t like to eat soup nearly as much as us humans. Get that stuff out of your engine. I know one can cook food on an engine block, but that doesn’t mean it’s actually a good idea.

Ok, I think I’ve hit my “sass quota” for this post. :slight_smile:

That v10 really does the job with wood fuel for local farm work, WAYNE KEITH GETTING IT ROLLING.What ? kind of soup you got cooking.BBB

Good morning Kevin .

Yes the V-10 is a work horse.

Yesterday I pulled a cattle trailer a 35-40 miles , took the wife to Walmart 10-12 miles.

Also I ran a hopper of wood ( 2 hours ) through the ole tractor.

BBB