Wayne's V-10 Ram

I am with bob on gasifiing being real, it is takeing me a while too get more comfretable with driveing with, though as you get used too when your filters start too plug, all runs well up till then, last week i had no silicone yet for my new gassy, so i mixed up some varnish with white ash and set my rope seal in hopper and made too scrap yard, 7000 pounds gross weight with my 4.3 s10 on wood.then when i filled with wood at scrap yard the rope seal come unglued from the heat, i poped the door seal back in place, lined up the seam and made it back home 16 miles no hick ups.amen. I weighed out at 4600. It was a little slow off the line with full load though i took the back roads black top not much traffic rought.no more riged door seals, the high temp silicon is on its way.Ounce we get fermilur with our gasifiers they will get much more comfortable.Good luck Mike with your build, br carefull on the extra weight, i over built my first unit and its a bit too heavy for dakota.well its serprizing how fast weight can add in such a compact space. My 3/4 ton heavy duty truck springs are leaning too the gasifier side of truck even with the gassy transfered too a trailer unit. I would stick too the lighter side of the plans as posible, best posible build, BBB.

4 Likes

well its surprising how fast weight can add in such a compact space. That sure is true. On my charcoal gasifier it is 3 times the weight that I was planning on it to be and it not done yet. Lol
Bob

2 Likes

Wayne, I liked the video, but I can’t hit the like button on a post titled “snow in alabama”. sorry.

2 Likes

Good morning Billy .

Yes , being southern born and bred these little cold snaps hurt and I try not to get out in it if not nessasary .

For home heating I load a trailer with a ton or more wood and park it up next to the porch .The wife carts the wood into the house as needed and we usually have a day or two supply in the house for the heater . I think it important to have plenty of wood available, but on these snowy and cold days ole Wayne don’t want to take his ASH out of the house :smile::smile:

13 Likes

Happy snow days wayne. I am getting a large load of snow ready for delivery any time ASAP. ACTUALLY i tested my snow blower turned into power shovel, and for second year it am surprized how well i works.

1 Like

Good morning the day after christman Wayne Keith, I take back the snow delivery, in trade for heat recycle transport, Its heading down below zero soon up here in michigan, The weather sure is fast switching these days. Happy days in between the holly days.While i was at famley gathering, two of my brothers sons early 20s are fully unbeleivable amazed with your wood gas gasifier. And want too get one working when get time, i explained the time involved, but couldent stop the interest. At least they can get a better start learning the art and the designs than us,THANKS.

2 Likes

20 miles north of me (Erie, PA) got 53 inches of snow in a day and a half. More coming. I have about 10 inches and more coming.

1 Like

I Seen how cold it gets in the north west, and Michigan alone is enough too make older folks go south after retirment.And all the snow removel fun behind darn.

2 Likes

I sold a load of fire wood today but didn’t have to use any of the $ for gasoline delivering the load :grinning:

IMG_0211

11 Likes

Nice looking load of wood Wayne K,I Really enjoy useing my wood gas truck to, and haul scrap metal, because it would eat all the money in gas due too low scrap prices, and i wouldent have no money left for my labor,and bills.The hopper cooler looks well made along with your other barrels, the lids all match nicely. Got two young men interested in wood gas driveing during the christmas visit, and recomended your book,HAVE WOOD WILL TRAVEL.one drives 60 miles a day too work, and the other one is a millitary tank comander in his early 20s. He just finished his 6 year army college training and is headed out too the feild.Hope he dont end up in a N.koria Ground war. He Seems too like his choice of career.

Happy New Year, hopper cooler looking good.

Hello all.

The last few days we have had freezing weather way down south . It is hard for us southerners to function in such weather so makes a good opportunity to DOW.

SWEH ( smiling with every hour ) Lemons required.

7 Likes

Thanks, Wayne, it’s just good to look at unfrozen ground. Your animals look well tended to.

3 Likes

I like the sound of your v10 exoust, is that a muffler or heat exchanger turned in too the muffler, I have a turbo muffler sounds about that lould, and yes the grass and no snow is green,er side.And your v10 must be idleing about 500 RPM in the vidio on h,co gas.

1 Like

Hello Kevin .

The ole truck does have a muffler but it also leaks some exhaust. I don’t want to fix it because I like to be able to hear the motor in a woodgas vehicle .

4 Likes

How low will it go ?

6 Likes

Good evening Wayne keith i been wondering how low your v10 would idle. My next vehicle will have a tack and port fuel injection, and hopefully will be able too clean burn out the intake with out pulling intake for cleaning. You poor folks been sure getting slushed with rain last season and this winter.Good thing you got wood powered vehicles too hit the AC or heater for the little cold season. Hopefully it will be a normal summer or a bit more sunny and reg rain timeing, lot of years up here in michigan seems the rain hits in the spring well but not much rain the rest of the growing season barely.

Wayne I see in your videos you have three two pipes coming out of the top of the hay filter do all three go to the eng.

Good morning Robert

I go with 3 pipes from the hay filter but run out of room just before getting them to the motor compartment where they merge down to two pipes .

If I had it to do over I think I would use two pipes the entire length. Two pipes will pull just about all the gasifier will handle before over pulling.

2 Likes

Ok I thought one may be a blower or something like that giving me some idea.