Wayne's V-10 Ram

Wayne your blower switches you have in the bed of your truck are they water proof .

Hello Robert

The switches are not water proof and I have had to replaced a couple over the years . Not complaining because they where cheap.

1 Like

Ok thanks Wayne I will be ordering switches soon.

While out working the ole wood burner this afternoon it rolled over 32,000 miles on wood gas.

11 Likes

I worked the ole wood burner hard today with farming chores . Hard for me to believe I got as much work done with no gasoline .

Something wrong with my camera ( or operator ) , the videos shut down at one minute with out me realizing it . :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

truck still sounds good wayne I cant wait to see that sort of nice weather here.

3 Likes

The ole V-10 work truck has been at work and earning it’s keep the last few days. I have been trying to thin out my junk pile a little .

IMG_0072IMG_0079IMG_0077IMG_0081

5 Likes

Mixed feelings. I am glad you are able to put the past behind and look to a bright future. Plus a little cash in the pocket helps. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Oh, no! I’m unable to push the like button. So many valuables. I hope you get paid accordingly.

3 Likes

So many tasty pieces of potential going away there. I wish we were close enough to trade “junk”

1 Like

Yes Steve . I hate to let the old stuff go but it is taking up pasture space .

I did pull the rear tires off the old tractor . Maybe I can sell those separate.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Wayne, I thought that was against your religion…I’m not sure what to say about it. It’s a little hard to watch a man defile his own conscience. :thinking:

Nice looking scrap pile there Mr. Wayne K, i bet them tractor tires and the truck axel wood sell at the auctions if any body is paying much.? Whare i live there is an on line auction in every direction 10 too 25 mile out.I sold 1985 ford truck fenders . doors, and hood for around 150 too 200 bucks, though on a slow auction week they may have sold for far less.Scrap prices are going back up with fuel prices’ and may climb more i think from the steel tarrifs.Be carefull with the rattlers they may not give up there hunt clubs.

1 Like

Have got a winch on your trailer Wayne? That’s some heavy iron, and look non-running. Trucks that old here have long since returned to the earth as oxides of iron (or been converted to new toaster ovens😁).

3 Likes

Hello Will.

No winch on the trailer .

These pieces were easy loaded with my tractor but I have got some big iron coming up that will take a little more thought .

I hauled about 30,000 pounds and a lot more left to go .

4 Likes

Hauled off my old dump truck this morning :confused: It is a F7 BIG JOB ford

:IMG_0086

IMG_0088

IMG_0089

It looks like the old truck spent some of it;s younger years in Michigan.

IMG_0087

The old truck brought $88 less than I paid for it 39 years back . Depreciated $2.25 a year .

IMG_0094

In the above photo I am to the left and my brother to the right .

18 Likes

That is a cool photo Mr Wayne, you look like a guy not to be messed with in that pic!

You’ve made the switch from gasoline to wood power over the years, but I see you’ve stuck with the plaid shirts and overalls :grin:

4 Likes

No problem, you look about middle twentys in that pic. I wounder what size that rear axel was.Thanks for the memery pics. I wish old vehicles lasted that long up here in the rust belt, when i bought my 04 grand am i allmost thought it was low on rust untill the plastic rockers fell off leaving the rockers rust mostly missing rocker panels, common in the salt rust belt.

1 Like

I’m still hauling iron with with the V-10 .

It is hard to tell but the first two pics are a international road tractor . It is the front end of my wood chucker. Looks pretty rough after I rolled it around the pasture .

IMG_0098IMG_0099IMG_0100IMG_0101

8 Likes