Wayne's V-10 Ram

IMG_0968

12 Likes

I like burning wood :smile:

8 Likes

Mr Wayne,
There’s something special about the sound of a motor purring on woodgas. Especially a V10.

I envy your weather situation. Today after waking up from a nightshift I hurried to haul a load of firewood home, because the rest of this week it’s forcasted snow slusch.
The most intense memory from our short stay in Alabama, which I will keep for as long as I live, is your porch shower. I liked that a lot. The piping wouldn’t like that kind of arrangement up here 10 months outof 12. I’m a fan of skinny dips in our river, but I don’t like the 11 months wait to be able to survive them.

6 Likes

I love that v10 sound.
Thanks for the video.

3 Likes

I agree that v10 dodge has a great sound exoust system. And you v10 95 dodge really works well with wood gas from the Book HAVE WOOD WILL TRAVEL design, And tranks for shareing your design and all the inspiring vidios.

2 Likes

Dragging wood with wood :smile:

10 Likes

New muffler :smile:

Truck sounds a little different .

7 Likes

I made a couple trips to the cattle auction today with the ram v-10 . I think I was the only person hauling with a wood burner :grinning:

IMG_1000 IMG_1001

10 Likes

Buying or selling? ? ? ? ?

4 Likes

Good morning Don.

I sold a few and I made one trip for a friend selling a few .

It has been about 14 or 15 years that I made the 30 mile round trip on gasoline :smiley:

9 Likes

Mr. Wayne, what makes the ground around your truck ‘‘shine’’? TomC

4 Likes

Hello Mr. Tom.

Yesterday we got a little rain ( just enough to cancel the Talladega 500 race just down the road ) and forecast for more tomorrow. We need it !!

7 Likes

I’ve watched some of your films Wayne, don’t you have to have the spring on the cover of your unit?
Don’t you ever get overpressure?

1 Like

Hello Jan .

Yes , all of my gasifiers have a spring loaded lid ( actually right under the lid ) .

During the light up and worming of the gasifier about 5-10
% of the time I will get a small belch just enough to counter the springs tension.

50,000 wood gas miles on this ole truck now.

8 Likes

Oh now I see, you have springs all around, instead of on the top cover.
Thanks Wayne.

3 Likes

Yes that is correct Jan.

The top of the fuel hopper will vent very easily

4 Likes

Because of covid -19 we haven’t been out on the road traveling very much but a lot of time have been spent in the pastures and fields DOW.

Yesterday we spent two hours straight letting the truck idle on wood while out in the fields cutting thistle weeds . :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Squeaky door hinge gets the oil?
I have never been able to get my truck to idle at 600 rpm for more than about 5 min. Very impressive.

5 Likes

Thanks for the vidio Wayne, Looks like you have some good help choping those weeds out.And you v10 really works well with the slitly smaller id burn tube, Than the smaller trucks.Good too see your Weather’ing the colds seasons ok.

4 Likes

Hey Wayne, that’s one of my home cancer medicines. Been used for food and medicines for a long long time. I think it makes me a bit dizzy, or at least, I hope that is what causes that.

And a photo, of the back yard, from last week:

Time for a drink of tree fungus !

Stay healthy and safe ! !

12 Likes