Wayne's V-10 Ram

THANKS for the info Wayne K and Sean O-- sounds like they made quitv a variety of round balers all the way back too the 1960-s. Interesting INFO.Knowlege all in 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Working the wood burner :blush:

14 Likes

Oh what a lot of hay, hope you’re done now so you can get some rest, you sound pretty tired now.

4 Likes

Yes Jan . It takes me longer to rest than in the younger days :grinning:

8 Likes

Going up a couple real steep grades .

The camera doesn’t show as steep as it really is .

12 Likes

You know in some ways and I think others would agree, the v10 really is a tractor on gas ,:wink: they love to get down low and grunt just like a tractor

8 Likes

With all that torqe, that v10 dodge must be the next best thing too a diesel engine, though in our case it works out better on wood fuel than diesel. Well anyway,thanks for the v10 hill climb ride.

4 Likes

I wanted to video something but could think of nothing to film so I turned the camera on just a minute or two as I drove through the village.

Drove the v-10 this morning and decided to drive the v-10 this afternoon because it was already warmed up. I didn’t get to driving the Sunday truck today :frowning_face:

13 Likes

Thanks for the cruising Mr Wayne :grinning:. It sounds like a sewing machine.

4 Likes

I have never seen a woodgas powered sewing machine!

I actually never thought about a gas engine powering one, but apparently in the 1880s the Bisschop engine was a small engine (measured in manpower not horsepower) that was used to power sewing machines. I believe gas in this case refers to natural gas.

3 Likes

Sorry for the double, I forgot to say I found this while looking for a woodgas powered sewing machine. Some might find it interesting.

1 Like

I looked through this. It made my head hurt. Nothing like charts and graphs to further mushify a weak brain.

4 Likes

Working the Ram .

Hauling cattle to market .

14 Likes

I hauled a couple of cows to market which was about 30 miles then a trip into town visiting was about 20 more . :blush:

13 Likes
10 Likes

The less vacuum and sucking the motor has to apply to the gasifier the better the motor can breathe which means more power .

Here I show cruising at hyway speed with the motor pulling 10 inches of water ( the gauge is measuring from the motor side of the hay filter ) . The other vacuum gauge is measuring 5 inches vacuum in the cooling rails near the center post . Between the two gauges the gas runs through the cooling rails , condensate tank under the truck , piping to the hay filter and through the hay .

It seems I have the best results when the gasifier is producing with a minimum amount of draft on it .

One gauge is a 0-60 scale and the other 0-30 scale .

May have to fire my camera man , too much shaking going on :blush:

12 Likes

About to go out running around in the work truck :blush:

17 Likes
9 Likes

The price of new trucks are outragious , let alone a diesel truck, i used too like my old 6.2 chevy diesel,it doubled my miles per gallon loaded. But then used truck were way more affordable back then about 22 years ago or so. I see all your cattle out in the feild , HAVE you any cow predditors, out there attact the cows.?? THANKS for the ride in the wood gas truck, wr enjoy riding petro FREE— SWEM–

3 Likes

Hello Kevin .

I am lucky around here that we have no predators of the cattle .

6 Likes