Wayne's V-10 Ram

Good Morning Kevin .

The speedometer has been out of order for a couple years but I am driving as fast as I need to. If I were driving with gasoline I see no reason to go faster :grinning:

4 Likes

Good morning Tone .

Thanks much for the kind words but it is you with the golden hands :blush:

5 Likes

Don, I was about to comment on the temp, but you beat me to it :smile:

4 Likes

Goo Morning Wayne, As hot as it was up here in michigan this summer, i caint comprehend how hot it must have been in the deep south with all the rain i been hearing about .? Or maybe its just me feeling the heat more than usual.We got a lot of two heats, like its 85 f then it says feels like 95 f. Though we only had a couple days that sais feels like 101 for 102 f degrees. actual temps about 88 f too 95F degrees.

2 Likes

Very boring video with no fire , smoke , pops,bangs or booms that can be seen or heard. Also just got back from about a 20 mile trip and the same as above . :blush:

Just as I was about to push the reply button the wife said we need to go to Walmart :blush: ( another 10 -15 miles of smiling )

14 Likes

SWEMTWYD Smile With Every Mile To Walmart You Drive.
Bob

4 Likes

Good afternoon Wayne, thanks for the ride around that cattle farm,The old v10 seems too run good fast driving and slow driveing, That means your wood gasifier design is excellent design… Are you selling any cows milk, or just sell the cattle. Lots of rain lots of grass for sure, You have hay left over for winter time it seems like.?You live about same distance as me from walmart store, I caint wait too finish my v8 dakota wood gas truck, SWEM.

5 Likes

When Noah was gathering pairs of animals for the ark I wish one pair would have missed the bus.

With heavy rains coming we had to bust out a beaver ( AKA @#%^@%& ) dam before it washes out my road.

My son drew the short straw this afternoon .
In the winter one deals with the cold water , this time of year one deals with cotton mouths :frowning_face:

Wet and muddy today so I left my Sunday truck parked and put 30 -40 miles on the work truck visiting.

Went on the side of town where there are no beavers and snakes but only to visit . I will take the snakes, beavers and coyotes any day :blush:

14 Likes

From the picture, it looks like you took your sunday truck. :slight_smile: And you parked in the wrong driveway… There are two trucks a driveway down where the owners need some serious help with their conversion. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey Sean.

At the pool and club house of this housing project there were a few folks doing labor day barbecuing . They couldn’t even smell me come by :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

I’m surprised you haven’t figured out how to turn that into a mobile bbq yet. :rofl:

But I hope you go some pickin’ n grinnin’ in :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I worked the wood burner hard this morning but this afternoon a trip into town and socializing :blush:

14 Likes

I have been real busy getting up hay and haven’t posted much but have been doing a lot of DOW :neutral_face:

12 Likes

It’s only a 10 mile round trip to my hay fields but with enough trips back and forth to the house the miles can add up :neutral_face:

14 Likes

I know the feeling, I just broke down off the rim about 25 old car and truck tires too get rid of, got 50 bucks out of the rims for heavy melt steel at one junk yard. I have a old tire braker that helpd brake the rim seal loose though.

3 Likes

For scrapping purposes I use a hydraulic wood splitter, it squishes wheel and tire and wheel falls out. Beats the hell out of tire bar work

5 Likes

That must be a round baler, whats cheapest price i could get a repairable round baler, And are them roundf balers time consuming too repair, OR what goes bad on them besides the tire of coarse. THANKS, WAYNE,K

HI marcus, any chance of a tire brake down vidio for scrap tires.THANKS

1 Like

Good morning Kevin .

I haven’t stayed up with the prices of these rollers . I think this roller was made in the 60s and I have owned it for 30 years . At that time I bought it from my uncle for a couple thousand bucks.

It has chains and sprockets that will wear and many bearings , about 30 . Expect to replace some belts at about $150 each .

A couple days ago I had a 3/8 inch hyd hose to bust and that was over a $100 .

5 Likes

Look on tractorhouse to get an idea of price, they pop up on CL and at auctions. especially about this time of year, because people don’t want to store them. I think somewhere around the 90s they standardized the bale size, so some of the older models with ‘oddball’ bale sizes used to be fairly cheap. The older models aren’t as complicated as the newer ones because they added a few features so you don’t have to pay attention as close to what you are doing. The newer ones balance the feed for you, and on the older ones you have to swivel the tractor to make sure the bale is even. The newer ones will wrap instead of just strings. The new superfast ones you don’t even have to stop to drop the bale. They don’t have a knotter so that is one complicated piece out of the way. It is mostly roller bars with a belts to apply pressure so a lot of bearings. and a few hydraulics especially the back lift gate, and I am guessing the tension control and the pick up are hydraulic as well, but I don’t think that was always the case.

There is probably a checklist on the internet of what to look for in a round baler. The larger ones aren’t quite in as high of demand because a lot of small farms like horses and such moved to the mini round balers. You don’t need as big of tractor and I think those are light enough you can actually pick up by hand. Off the top of my head, you could find a new one for around 6k.