Wayne's V-10 Ram

Hello All,

Have been working the V-10 daily. Still a lot of mud about.

Below is a short clip of working the truck in mud and rough terrain.

Also the 93 dakota doing good. I had a couple of visitors today and took them for a spin . They can say they have been 80 plus in a wood burner

I have found a great way to camouflage a wood burner. Put about a half dozen black drums in the bed of the truck and pull about the same number in a small trailer.

Son and I made a quick 110 mile trip with the v-10.

http://youtu.be/EM51dL3o3f0

1 Like

Pretty sneaky there Wayne!
Do you use hopper condensate to kill the grass around the power pole and guy wire?
Don Mannes

Hello Don ,

If I put enough of the hopper condensate on the grass it will temporarily kill it for a couple of weeks. I think what you are seeing are the results of some Roundup weed killer I sprayed a on some fence lines and my junk piles. The Roundup will keep it dead for a while .

Picture below of gasified Dodge Ram V-10 8L , Hauling Ass

4 Likes

By the looks of the side of the trailer, are you sure it wasn’t kickin ass?

LOL !

Hey Don,

Yes the old trailer looks like it spent some time in Mike LaRaso’s neighborhood and roads .

It’s old, I built in 1976 and just like me about wore out ,

The weather forecast is a few days without rain so I have been hauling equipment to the hay fields and started cutting .

The hay is thicker and taller than I have ever seen it. A few places taller than I .

Just run home for dinner, sorry I haven’t spent more time to write and talk about wood gas but I have been putting a lot of it through these trucks trying to catch up.

I have been averaging about 50 miles a day with the v-10 pulling equipment etc.

I kept fire all day yesterday. I fired the v-10 just after day light and finished up last night shutting the dakota down at about 10:30.

BBB

Sorry for being off topic-- but, what kind of “grass” is that.

Good Morning Mr. Collins,

The picture above of the tall grass is Johnsongrass. There are a few areas in the fields that grow high with it. Most of my hay will be fescue with a lot of weeds mixed in but the cows don’t have anything else to do this winter so they can separate the weeds out.

Wayne
While visiting with you we manged to take a break from our busy schedules and put down some miles on the v10. I really was amazed when we were off roading the Ram in the mud that was a true test of power. You never turned the gasoline on once. Thanks again for the visit had a blast I have some video links below. For everyone’s viewing pleasure. BBB Sean

Sean thanks for the visit and posting the videos !

( truck idling at 150 rpm is at end of second video )

Out the door firing up now.

Hello all,

I only like about two or three days on the 94 ram having it ready to test drive but I had to pull off it a couple of weeks ago to take care of farming while I have a window of opportunity . Frustrating to be so close but no time to finish right now.

I’m real proud of the way the v-10 has been holding up. Five miles here and ten miles there but it looks like I am averaging about 400 miles a week on it. I fired it up early this morning and shut it down an hour after dark. Didn’t have to relight during the day. When I get in the truck I would flip my blowers on and by the time I could get a drink of water it would be ready to go.

I was toying with the ideal of gasifying a v10 wondering if any one has done one 96 or newer and if there are any issues with the obd2 thing on the v10

Good Morning Brian,

A 96 v-10 can be found here

http://driveonwood.com/forum/752

My V-10 ,4x4 is working out real good for a farm truck and daily driver. If speeds of more than 60-65 mph is needed it is very easy to blend in a little gasoline or if pulling trailers with heavy loads a little gasoline can be added .

For non farm use and open road driving the v-10 would not be my choice . I would drive the dakota.

I cann’t remember but I may have given you a ride in one of the trucks back around Christmas.

Thanks
Wayen

Hi Brian,

I don’t feel overly qualified to give you a quality answer, however I’ve put 700 miles on a 96 V-10 with wood.

I find I have less power but I’m learning how to drive on a quarter throttle or less, this seems to make the difference.

I’m running 7.5" restriction, when I gain more confidence I’ll change to the Wayne recommended 9" restriction.

All I can tell you is mine works and works well.

V-10 doing chores this morning .

Looks like you’re packing it all home now… haying done?

Hey Chris,

The V-10 thought it might get a few hours rest after hauling the hay equipment home. WRONG !