Wayne's V-10 Ram

Chris and I spent about an hour and half in the v-10 Ram today , farm work and going into town to pick the son up at football practice… I showed him some things he had trouble believing .

He took videos and will be sharing.

Long day !!

BBB

1 Like

Here’s what Wayne was talking about.

Turns out that on a seasoned Keith gasifier, the lower drum will stay at ambient temperature even after hours of driving. The lower housing was cool enough to hold your hand on indefinitely. We drove around for about 90 minutes, feeding cows and picking up Tally from school.

Tally drove us back (he’s 15). I think he’s anxious to get his licence and start running his own wood burner.

1 Like

Football practice in February? Those Alabama boys believe in getting a head start.

1 Like

The family and I attended an event last night. We arrived burning wood and left burning wood but no one noticed.

V-10 parked in the background

1 Like

Rain and floods in Alabama and just too wet to work; but not too wet to DOW.

1 Like

Sweet!

1 Like

I worked the V-10 most of the day Monday , below is a little clip of the drive.

The cows do a good job of converting grass to cash and the gasifiers do good converting waste vegetation into transportation

The V-10 will get to rest a few days while we drive a dakota. Should be putting about 15-17 hundred miles down.

HWWT

The son and I were cutting hay today. One picture below shows hauling equipment and the other picture shows putting a stop to leaking tires with the gasifier tar.

1 Like

Watch those 14.5 mobile home rims. They come in two gages of steel. We were hauling heavy equipment on a trailer with the light gage and the rims would crack and leak; and then because we had multiple tires on the trailer, the tire got ruined by running flat. That is a good idea to use that gunk to seal the tire, but I’d hate to be the next guy to change the tire.

I guess there is plenty of uses for plug-in electric cars ,Prius hybrids and even motor scoters that get 100 miles per gallon of gasoline but if I owned any of the above they would have to spend most of their life just parked in the yard.

Have plenty of wood and work to do.

I worked the Ram hauling and towing equipment today, Ran great.

Wayne, you need an old ground driven mower and baler so you can make your hay with woodgas too.

While out working it’s real nice to be able to pull under a shade tree and fuel up.

I guess this is short cutting the oil drilling, refining, transportation, storage etc.

No cash or credit card required

1 Like

We been working the V-10 quite a bit this week in the hay.

There was about an hour and half that we never shut the truck down while shifting hay around in the fields . The son was at the controls and has learn to drive pretty good

The V-10 has put in another week of farm work but we let it off the farm duties long enough to run us into town tonight.

HWWT

It has been a few days without rain so I was able to fuel the V-10 from the outside wood pile.

I pick my son up from football practice and on to the hay fields where we hauled a few loads of hay. Son drove the V-10 while I used the tractor. Not a drop of gasoline was used from the time I left the house until we shut down for dinner.

That’s some good looking Hay Wayne. Still to wet here to cut any more yet.

Thanks Sheldon,

I need to be cutting today but I am afraid the weather might catch me and I hate to be tied up all of Fathers day.

Yesterday (Fathers Day) we visited the graves of Dad and Father in law. In their wildest dreams neither would have thought their son, daughter and grand kids would be visiting in a wood fuel vehicle.

Dad always suspected me as not being the average sheep but he would have never guessed this.

Son did most of the driving.

Wayne

Hi WAYNE I was just watching your utube video I reckon you are a mechanical genius, specially when I check out you wood chomper machine that is just brilliant especially those hooks at the of the envil… I also love your wood mill just magic mate magic. I think I have watch your wood mill video at least five time… Thanks ton for sharing these brilliant ideas with the whole world… thanks again…

Good Morning Desmond ,

Thanks for the comments and making my head swell but as you will soon start reading and following all the others builders on the site you will see some real wisdom , expertise and masters in their trades. There are so many I won’t try to name them.