Wood supply

A little early for conclutions after only one hopper burned, but I did pick up the toasted remains of my roundies down to the nozzles. It seems the furious blast from the nozzles shrinks them pretty fast. Nothing bigger then marble size left below nozzles. All good so far.

The rebak chunker do make thin stuff a bit long. Finger sized limbs chunks tend to get 3" long. But beeing that thin they seem to crack into shorter peaces as soon as they get toasted.

I’ve been in bed with the flu ever since the day after my first (and only) flare. While in bed I’ve been doing a lot of thinking (cheating from time to time by running down the basement taking some measurments). I feel a bit better today and have now far more ideeas then I can manage. :smile:

6 Likes

I sure could use a few bags of rons wood right about now…

2 Likes

Wish you were closer my friend, I am a week behind on just picking it up because of the rain. Barrels and barrels of wood, oh my!

4 Likes

What Carl said.

Kinda like it is raining wood around here .

3 Likes

What Carl and Wayne said. Raining loads :wink:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Life goes on - Winter 2015

…or maybe some to “wood supply” :grin:

1 Like

I need some of that rain here :grin: now that the snow is almost gone for now time to get chopping,

2 Likes

I was able to take down a few dead austrian pines this last weekend. Gotta get to chunking soon. Had one fall the wrong way onto the neighbors tree, so I ended up getting another “free” nice sized branch. Dont think the neighbors were home :wink:

5 Likes

Sometines I wonder if I suffer from some kind of disorder. After several decades of spring time fire wood prepping it’s still fun. Split birch logs shine like gold and smell like roses. I feel the need of lemons.

9 Likes

I can see why you enjoy it. You have a very nice efficient process. I love the way the Birch splits for you. We use mostly oak ; not near as quick and easy to split. The last log was a nice size. Are most of the forest / woods over there birch? Happy EasterTomC

3 Likes

Our country is almost 1000 miles (1572 km) from top to toe., so it varies a lot. We are mostly covered with spruce/fir (I don’t know the difference) and pine. In the very south there are oak and beech. Birch is however common in lower terrain around lakes and river sides from north to south. Also lots of alder, aspen, sallow, mountain ash and others where I live (in the middle).
Happy Easter

2 Likes

Trying to move firewood in a regular wheelbarrow just doesn’t fit up well. So, I knocked together this beast. Fat tire rolls along nice on soft ground.

15 Likes

Sweet!
Great job, Andy! What is the tire / wheel from?

3 Likes

Golf cart tire 18x 8.50 x 8 mounted on an old lawn mower rim.

5 Likes

I have seen that style in old photographs. For hauling wood they are much better than today’s design. I never knew that.TomC ( I can go back to bed. I learned something today )

4 Likes

I wish I had one like that when I was fifteen and had to wheel concrete! That would have made it a lit easier. A lot more trips though.

3 Likes

Don, You would have to mix the mud a little thicker is all.
What were you working on at 15? The pantheon?

4 Likes

Ouch! I’m not that old. My dad was a contractor too and he started us young.

4 Likes

I’ve heard the Roman coliseum used a type of concrete mix… he must have meant that one…

5 Likes