Wood supply

Hired some help in for bagging today.

14 Likes

Little helpers sure are nice! Lot of work keeping up with the wood supply. Do you think the paper bags may help out with drawing some moisture from the wood?

8 Likes

I don’t know where to place this post, some content is for Joep, some for Marcus, …

13 Likes

Long time storage paper bags don’t hurt, compared to plastic. I use what I have and the paper bag supply is free and endless :smile:

9 Likes

Impressivly clean filter Tone.
MF for a refinary - I like it :+1:

6 Likes

see now this just reaffirms that I need more gasifier powered hydraulics on my team. nv4500 pto setup where are you…

6 Likes

Here in the good old USA we went green, save the trees it is good for the (inviroment) they said, and we stopped using paper products, like bags and switched over to plastic bags good for the (inviroment) they said, and the oil companies agreed. Paper bad, wood bad, anything that is not oil bad. Now that type of brain washed thinking is changing back to paper, and wood is better.
What goes around comes around and here we are. Where do we go next.
I need to get my grandchildren involed in good constructive work like that. Bagging up wood.
Bob

9 Likes

I want to find a source for cheap potato sacks with a draw string. Been having a hard time finding any but I do want bags that breathe to let moisture leave the container.

7 Likes

Any problem with paper bags tearing/ripping?
I have my favourites, net-bags for firewood, from Swedol, around $30 for 100 of them, can be re-used almost endlessly, if handled with care, maybe a little to luxury, but i often have to store sacks on the ground, and these holds up well for that.

9 Likes

Thanks Tone

Processing wood with wood

9 Likes

Once in while a bag brake - doesn’t matter, they burn. I have enough bags I turn down offers from neighbours.

9 Likes

Hi Cody, i saw your post when i had just written about them bags, i can recomend you to search for firewood bags, the net type, that city people by wood for their decorative open fires in.
I once got potato net-bags, the seller gave me the wrong type, after 3 weeks in the sun they “disintegrated”, fun to pick up them chunks and put them in new bags, (20 full bags, 60 liters each), when i complained about the bags they told me: potato/carrot bags are’nt UV-resistant. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Good to hear, have alot of them paper-bags saved, good to have a use for them. it’s fun we should not buy plastic bags for groceries, so we have to buy a roll of them instead, for putting garbage in.

7 Likes

The gov way of going green :smile:

6 Likes

That’s funny. Living in a non-oil producing country we’ve always been told the opposite. I bet our forestry and paper production companies agreed :smile: Milk and juice always sold in cardboard cans. First time in southern Europe I was surpriced to see milk in plastic cans. I had no idea it could be done :smile:

6 Likes

Thanks Tone, Yanmar? Still 10% dinofuel?

7 Likes

Depending on the size you buy in the USA, you either get a plastic jug (1 gallon), and anything under that size is typically a waxed heavy paper carton. Half gallon, Quart, Pint all waxed paper unless it’s in a weird plastic bottle.

6 Likes

Joep, I’m doomed to use diesel engines that still use diesel fuel, otherwise a smaller amount, … let’s say 10 -20% of the power on diesel fuel.

7 Likes

The only paper cartons I see around here is about a month or so out of the year is my precious eggnog. Now we get charged for grocery bags so my wife’s hoarding of then over the years is paiying off to bring our own

5 Likes

Thanks Tone! Not judging, just curious how far you can squeeze it.

4 Likes