Wood supply

…but uuuuugly :smile:

6 Likes

Less likely to be stolen due to there uglyness, that’s actually a factor in most my vehicle buying decisions is that sad? Why I don’t go for anything big flashy nice paint cool wheels sound system. Just respectable enough looking to not be looked at is the usual goal

7 Likes

Good point. I didn’t think of that. I leave my keys in most of the time. I just make sure the fuel pump is switched off :smile:

9 Likes

Keys in ignition doors unlocked windows down and stay close by. My “hope” is when the rig gets stolen I have intact windows and ignition. Less to repair if I get it back. I did just put a fuel pump kill switch in the dodge last week, not that any millennial knows how to drive a stick shift anymore. Another anti theft device in all the rigs I buy :joy:

10 Likes

Yup I am with marcus on that one. My newest vehicle is my 2003 Dodge Ram. And guess what not able to gasifiy it. Bummer. The older vihicles are the easier to gasifiy this is the simple truth. The OBD 1 and early 2’s. are best in mpfi engines. Heck a brand new car forget it. Well a 100% EV with a gasifier/genset on the back maybe. Would that look funny or what a Tesla going down the road and no need to stop at a fast charging station. Lol. Someone should show Leon Musk.
Now that some of the DOW members are showing us that diesel engines can be gasified, this is a game changer for wood/charcoal gasification. Diesel engines getting 75 to 100 miles on a gallon of diesel? That would be Nice. And it could be your own bio diesel that you are making. That is really super nice game changer. Right?
Still I think it will have to be the older diesels not the new ones that they are making these days.
Bob

8 Likes

Good luck to the person that trys to start your toyota truck up. Lol. They would have to be a DOW member. And know where you are hiding the wood.
Bob

7 Likes

Haha, sorry Kristijan for what is coming. Before you were born it was the other way around. Volkswagen introduced it, Mercedes tried, but the Golf I was the game changer. And was very capable in running on his own motoroil.

Nowadays dieseldrivers are paria’s. I dont know why. More efficient, easier to produce diesel then gasoline for the oil companies. It must have something to do with government or so.

8 Likes

Diesels last longer by 100,000 miles, less profit to produce fuel. Gov. made emissions laws more restrictive to favor the gasoline engine. Oh and we wanted high perfomance fast cars too. Diesel you lose on that one.
A quite ride forget it. But I like the sound of my gasoline engine and tail pipes. Lots of factors ones we do not even know about too.
Now it is the silent ride of a EV’s, no noise polution.
Oh brother what next. What comes around goes around again and again just in a new wrappings and box for people to buy. H yes it is about making monies and big profits too. As they say nothing new under the sun. May be but I am not holding my breath until it comes.
Bob

3 Likes

That is why i never have a lock-able gas tank cap, getting angry enough i someone have stealed my gas or diesel, no need for a drilled hole in the tank…

4 Likes

Not really, unless you want a Ferrari or something. A friend got a BMW 530d some time ago. Stock topspeed is 250, he chipped it and ran over 300 km/h 185 miles an hour. This happened 10 years ago.
Off shore powerboatracing they changed to diesel 20 years ago (I dont know if it is still is). More reliable end no powerloss. That was in the time of the Golf I, less power. Diesel stinks but it always runs. Even when the light on the dash are burning you can run it for a month or so :frowning_face: Stupid, I know

1 Like

Some of these crazy gas thiefs people drill the tank with out a locked gas cap. You can drain a gas tank faster then if you siphon it.
Bob

2 Likes

Nice recipy for a super firecracker

1 Like

Yes, i’ve noticed that too… back some ten years maybe we had “rectangular” sheet metal garbage cans here in Sweden, the lid’s was popular to steal and put under a car to collect the fuel when drilling/cuting the tank. Nowadays they drive around in vans with ibc-toutes and electric pumps… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I think gasoline stinks too. But diesel is safer to handle. Yes in the pass 20 years they have made a lot of improvements with diesel engines. But the older ones are better from what I am seeing and are easier to convert over to wood gas. Not the new style diesel’s that they making now, if so I would like to see one run on wood gas. Seeing is prove and facts that it can be done.
From the mid 90’s they the car manufactures have made it more difficult to make a vehicle to run on wood gas. Was this on purpose? Do you think they even know about making wood gas? Ofcourse they do and the oil companies and auto makers and governments all know about it and are all in the same bed together.
It was a good thing they didn’t realize it in the late 80’s and early 90’s with the OBD1 and early OBD2 systems and the MPFI engines. Oops, their mistake on that one. But they tried to corrected it. With the later OBD2 systems.
But not if you know how to work around the OBD2 mapps. It is over my head for now until I get more knowledge on the tools and work around prosses.
Bob
P.S. I am off topic I just noticed it has nothing to do with the thread topic Wood Supply. Sorry . SUBJECT IS CLOSED Here. Go to Converting Diesels to wood gas topic.

4 Likes

@Chris , sorry we need to move to another topic here at 2987 to “Converting Diesel to wood gas” . This talk is not about Wood Supply. But it is a good to keep it going but not here. I copied moved my some of my comments over to “Converting Diesels to wood gas”
Bob

3 Likes

Okay lets get back on Wood supply subject. Sorry Wayne.
Bob

2 Likes

Wondering if I have 2% of Wayne’s firewood quantity?

13 Likes

Jan, maybe 1.5% :smile:
There’s no way we can compete. Everything is bigger in America, including chunk piles :smile:

10 Likes

JO, that is funny. We don’t even notice unless “foreigners” point it out.

5 Likes
13 Likes