Wood supply

Steve, this saying goes way back when most Swedes went for America, 1850-1900. They wrote back home, bragging to their family how big everything was “over there”. According to their bragging, pigs in Minnesota were huge and mountains of pork available :smile: Family back home probably didn’t know what to believe :smile:

8 Likes

Works lik a charm, Tone. I didn’t even know there were tractors that small with hyraulics. I wish I had a hydraulic outlet on my Fergie :thinking:

6 Likes

,.Ha , ha , JO , I bought this little tractor in a complete breakdown , broken transmission and a cracked cylinder on the engine,… I rebuilt the transmission , and replaced the engine with this Chinese Yanmar clone , I adapted the hydraulic pump from the Land Rover power steering at the front , added an oil tank with filter, pipes, valve, I had the intention of making a hydro-powered mulcher, but it hasn’t come yet… the splitter was more important. I hope I haven’t written any nonsense again. :grinning:

16 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive! Far from nonsense.
My turn to appologize - for my ignorance.

9 Likes

JO, no need to apologize, as you can see, it’s an unfinished project, like everything about the house, “as long as it works, it’s good”, many similar things are waiting for the time when I’ll retire and have “more time”, … ha, ha,… :grinning:
Now not a day goes by that I don’t start the gasifier, I can’t believe how the hours on the Fergie have gone up, this little tractor has been running for at least 10 hours, Mr. Wayne is right when he says “when you drive wood the tires are worn out”

12 Likes

Wow tooo, is it drivable? How did you connect the axis to the drivechaine? Very very impressed, this makes Mc Gyver look like an amature :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Wow.

6 Likes

Joep, first of all I have to apologize to you and also to the others, namely, in the video clip, when I was limiting the amount of diesel fuel, I turned the screw in the wrong direction,… The tractor is completely drivable, the drive for the gearbox is carried out directly with a dry clutch, also the drive behind the pump is direct with hoof clutch. I am quite embarrassed by your words of praise

8 Likes

Tone,
From what I can see in the pictures, your little tractor is similar to the ones made by Simplicity in 1965. Allis Chalmers rebranded those same tractors and called them B10s. Ours came with an A23 Briggs & Stratton 9hp.
I have been collecting them for years.
I will get some pictures when I near them again.

8 Likes

Jan this is why i bought the case ingersoll 448 garden tractors. They where first made in the 60s by colt. IIRC. Made thought the 90s in high volume there is a small company in Maine that still makes a few but i think it is very low production numbers now. But the Ingersoll design is a hydraulic pump bolted to the motor with a hydraulic motor bolted to the rearend. You get the full output of the pump when you want to run a wood splitter or rototiller. The lawnmower and snow blower attachments are powered off a motor directly with a belt pully with a mechanical clutch not electronic. When i bought mine the orginal Onan motor was basically dead and i replaced it with a 10hp Chinese diesel that i happened to pick up dirt cheap post 2000 when people thought the world would end and had warehouses full of them.

That is a photo of my little case ingersoll 448 with the wood splitter on it.

12 Likes

Just from a mobility stand point that is such a sweet setup. All that’s missing is a hydraulic drive chunker attachment…

8 Likes

…and a gasifier up front :smile:

9 Likes

I agree i have been thinking charcoal would work great just because it is more compact. It is somewhere lost at the bottom of my project list. But it does sip fuel i can rake about 700 bales of hay on that little tank maybe 1.5 liters. It is metric and not very big is all i know. Yes i pull a hay rake with that little tractor most of the summer.

8 Likes

Do you mean cloth potato sacks, are they 50 or 25 pound sacks??

1 Like

Yeah I was talking about trying to find burlap sacks, but others are saying they’ll rot in the sun.

I’ve tried feed bags and I don’t like them that much, buddy I get them from doesn’t open them at the string he just cuts them open so they’re all ragged at the mouth.

2 Likes

Hi Cody, when i warned about potato bags that rot in the sun i thought you mean them “modern” net type bags, real burlap i think should hold up great, here in Sweden they are hard to come by, and often expensive, one place to find them could be a company that imports some exotic stuff, nuts, beans or like.
A friend once gave me some real burlap bags that had been used for cocoa beans, (i didn’t know we even imported whole cocoa beans to Sweden) great and sturdy bags, only bad thing they where unnecessary big, i could easy have used one as a itchy sleeping bag. :laughing:
I don’t know how it’s a your side of the “pond” but here they also could be found sometimes on old farms, they stopped use them for grain, maybe in the 60’s, but they was sometimes saved, if only rats and mice don’t have had their nest’s in them.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Tone,
This is a Simplicity garden tractor

10 Likes

Bruce, it’s a shame we’re not closer, you have real wealth there, I would say JO, “what a beauty” :+1::grinning:

8 Likes

Thank you for your gracious flattery. I am blessed with good stuff to work with, and the government leaves me alone to work on it too. Double blessing.
Now if we all could have more time to explore all these possibilities!

9 Likes

HERE, HERE to that Bruce. It would have been wonderful if in my youth I would have discovered Wood Gasification like this and the things that you can use it for. Funny I was never taught this in our school systems. I am pretty sure none of the teachers knew about it. Of chores gasoline was under $0.20 a gallon too. Glad to be able to work on it now.
All the stuff you have to work on it will take two life times to do it all. You better get busy. Lol
I have about three days of long hard work to chunk up my wood thats ready to chunk.
Bob

7 Likes