Wood supply

Yes Markus. No free energy, only freedom if you are willing to put some effort in. What about your freetine and woodpile if you are driving a Nissan Micra instead if the V10?

Haha, just kidding, I love the V10😀. I am jyst blabbering. Hope it will change some day. JO said it right. Congrats Markus. Hope to see more of your work. GoPro is top.

7 Likes

I am building a greenhouse,20x40 it will have raised beds, and containers in it.

9 Likes

What kind of frame and covering are you using?

2 Likes

Yeah, you bending your own hoops, or buying something? Or is it not a hoop building?

2 Likes

I picked up a 20x30 this summer. It came with a heavy white covering. I plan on using it to store hay in… it was damaged in a storm and probably half the hoops were mangled. (Covering is ok though) I didnt realize it when i bought it. That it had been damaged before and someone attempted to cobble it back together. They attemped to weld the galvanized tubes without cleaning up the surface first. So its pretty sketchy. And failed in a lot of the same spots.
Im on the hunt for some tube or pipe of similar diameter to bend into replacment hoops. Wish i could find a sorce of local oil well pipe. Use to be able to pick that stuff up very reasonably… not anymore! …still looking.

5 Likes

I am using 1 3/8 top rail from chain link fence. The cover came from Northern greenhouse out of Canada. I built a hoop bender

4 Likes

I thought about using top rail… lots of people are.
But i want to leave mine up all year long and i dont believe it woukd take the snow load…even if i tried to keep it brushed off.

1 Like

I am leaving it up year round, ridge pole and posts in the center.

6 Likes

There are quite a few hoop houses around here and we get a lot of snow. They all use some sort of center support. one or two posts depending on how the aisles are configured. They hold up fine. Even the 30 foot wide ones, which most are. If you guys like indoor gardening video’s watch this guy. He seems to have quit making videos now but I find him the most entertaining.

2 Likes

I modified my big scoop shovel that I like to use when bagging my wood chunks.

I tried it out and the fines pieces of wood falls through the holes. Cost $00.00
I like when plan comes together and works.
Roy is out cutting more cherry wood branches and limbs out of the cherry trees. I need to get chunking wood to make room in the pile space for more wood to pile up and dry in my pile. This is where I need a young buck of a man here to want to take part in Gasification part of making fuel. The only one I know is Marcus and he is way to busy with his family life, working a job, and working on his own wood supply for his gasifiers.
Bob

9 Likes

Bob it’s too bad you or Wayne live a good distance from me or I’d be more than happy to help do some heavy lifting.

8 Likes

Speaking of heavy lifting, the v10 is workin. 60 miles round trip with the trailer last night
Have wood will haul wood??
Hwwhw

11 Likes

Thanks Cody, yes if all of use members lived with in a few miles of each other we could form our own new type of DOW country with good laws that would give the gasification people all the good tax breaks and heating homes with wood. Keep the whole country in trees and farming land. People will not have to pay any carbon taxes. The factories would make gasifiers of course and parts for them. Wake up Bob you are daydreaming again.
Heres a up date on the shovel with holes.

The shovel worked, a little pile of fines that would be getting into my gasifier, will not now.

The fines from a half of silo of wood chunks.
Keep chunking. Back to work.
Bob

14 Likes

I dont know what our fellow woodgassers are doing Bob, we are just out here having to much fun!

13 Likes

I didn’t do any chunking today but put down several miles . That was fun also :grinning:

12 Likes

It does not matter if I am chunking wood or making charcoal at night around the firering like I am doing right now. It is 07:20 pm. and enjoying it with the little Dana. It is all good to me. But driving on wood is the reward of it all for sure. With a Big,Big SWEM going down the road and knowing everyone else at least where I live, is not SWEM ing DOW. They simply can not do the DOW SWEM like I can. Got Lemons? Have Wood Will Travel.
Bob

5 Likes

Hello Bob .

These forks are what we use to put the chunks from the chunker to the trailer .

This shovel is what we use to put the chunks in bags and buckets .

11 Likes

I love those hay forks Wayne, but I do not like the new price of $60.00 plus tax at the store for them. I have been looking for a used one for about 6 months now. Have not found one yet. But I am still looking. I have found three, four, five prong ones no go for picking up wood chunks except the really big pieces. I thought about making one.
Bob

4 Likes

Mr. Wayne. you probably still have some pitchforks and a shovel in reserve, because depending on how much wood you move, the material wears out and the tool needs to be replaced,… :grin: :grinning:

7 Likes

60 dollars would be 11 gallons of non-ethanol gas for me Bob. My snowblower, log splitter and saws will go through that before spring. That pitch fork would outlive me by years. Just a matter of perspective.

6 Likes