Wood supply

Yes, it’s a good feeling, feeling “rich” and the sore muscles and back hurts in a good way :smiley:
My father mostly complains hes not having the strenght to help me nowadays, but he sure have the energy to run in the way, and sit and rest on various stuff, and, ofcourse: complain on me not cutting the same lengths on the wood :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Yes, I recognize that, that is kind of the way it goes here too. But I am also happy to still have my dad around, I would miss it later on so I try to look past the annoyances. Probably makes your dad happy as well being a part of his son’s achievements otherwise he wouldn’t be there. :smiley:

12 Likes

Hahaha :rofl:
Spot on. It seems all three of us have the same kind of fathers :smile:

6 Likes

6 sacks in 24 minutes, is that your old wood cut with a saw?

8 Likes

Yes! The same here, i like it, he’s in the way, if to annoying i take him for a coffee break :smiley:
It’s the way of life, im glad he’s still around.

7 Likes

Sometimes it can be little annoying, for example when you have to break in to a sheet metal toolbox, because your father has sit and rest on it. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yes, the old cut and chunk machine.

7 Likes

Another good reason to keep chairs around where you work :smile:

9 Likes

Get a folding canvas chair with a cup holder in the arm and put a beer in it. Why should an old man have to sit his bony ass on a metal box? Some day I’m going to get old and need a place to sit as well. :grin:

12 Likes

The thinking chair is very important. Kristijan and I are adherents to that philosophy.

9 Likes

I totally agree, I have old officechairs with five wheels (had one with four wheels but it is too easy to tip over on an uneven floor) and replaced the original wheels with bigger ones, but I can’t help wondering if Tom is on to something there with that cupholder though… :smile:

10 Likes

Find some of those big solid rubber treaded caster wheels and you’d have an All Terrain thinking chair.

9 Likes

That is a good idea, perhaps not for Kristijan since he lives high on a hillside :rofl:

8 Likes

So true :smiley: wife often wonders why the garden chairs are spread over the garden, in the shed, in the shop, has your father visited today?

Some years ago i had put together a small foundry furnace from fire bricks and fireproof mortar, that time i really don’t laughed when i discovered that my father had used it to sit on in a unsupervised moment…

8 Likes

Chunked up 20 more bags today :money_mouth_face:

Next weekend im going to dig out my rebak, and try it on this.

13 Likes

Goran,
I see peer pressure really got you back to fuel prep. Maybe it was the shame of your confession. Anyway, you are ready to ride.

9 Likes

Yesterday, among other things, I prepared several bags of wood chips with a screw chipper, of course wood gas drive, the bag weighs 35-40 kg, the chopping time is less than 1 minute, the capacity of the chipper is at least 50 kg/min, depending on the thickness of the wood.

While I am loading the remaining pruned branches and sticks onto the trailer, I open the cover on the gasifier, so it heats up by itself and the blower only needs to be switched on for a short time.

17 Likes

Haha, maybe it was the peer pressure, or the gasoline price, the chevy is a heavy drinker, anyway nothing beats the feeling of driving on wood.

11 Likes

Twenty more bags of fuel today :smiley:

Free fuel makes one feel rich :smiley:

18 Likes

Nightshifts are ok, because you get the entire day to yourself.
Leafs are turning yellow and the weather was nice. First careful workout with the firewood 2024-25 mission.
Knocked down a few leaning alders.
Woodburner, chainsaw and vejnik. A small pile of motor fuel as a by-product.

16 Likes