Wood supply

Your video is on Youtube now. You need some rust remover on that saw blade. :grin: You certainly have a lot of interesting toys… :zipper_mouth_face:… I meant to say tools. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Yes, you know boys like toys…as scary as possible…
And i really need to replace the blade, it’s heavily pitted under the rust, and i don’t want it to “grenade” in my face :open_mouth:
Going to fix this chunker up some and make a youtube with the help of my “camerawoman” soon.

12 Likes

Fixed up my old chunker today, put some tension on the v-belts, and some syrup on the flat-belts.
And “filed” the blade, now it cuts really good :smiley:

Sharpened and, what do you call when one sets the teeth, “skränkning” in Swedish?

A “test-bag” 50% of it is made of old power poles, wetherproofed with creosote/coal tar, not allowed to re-use or burn, but gives kind of “rocket fuel”…

15 Likes

I see you went to town with the angle grinder :smile:

Its called the same here, coloquialy. Šrenkanje. Interesting.

10 Likes

Haha yes, guilty to angle-grinder sharpening :smiley:
I wondered how you know that, but i saw in the pic the “signs” of the disc was visible…

10 Likes

Well, the chunker is up and running again, small troubles with the conveyor, but those chunks are hard to “transport” that way :smiley:

17 Likes

Impressive piece of machinery. Santa’s workshop comes to mind :smile:

9 Likes

Definately J-O, I bet it would be at least a full day of exploring at Göran’s place for both of us :smiley:

10 Likes

Only worked until noon, but did ok. Got a trail open to some good downed piles of hard wood.
Those multicolored blocks on the end of the trailer are service berry or sugarplums. Isn’t that crazy. I never have seen such large stalks before.

8 Likes

There are many days worth of work here.

13 Likes

Today i cleared a spot behind my house, put two layers of pallets to get my wood supply up above the ground.

Here’s about half of what i got ready chunked up. Tomorrow im going to build some kind of simple roof.

17 Likes

Well, sorry for going on with boring stuff, but my little refueling station is done, not very nice build (im better on burning wood than build with it) but hopefully it stands this summer :smiley:

19 Likes

I don’t need the fuel right now but this cull oak log has been here and on the ground for over 2 years . I think I should make miles out of it before it is too late .

14 Likes

Great camera work. Steady hand.

3 Likes

What a lot of gengas wood, now I would have a split like JO, so it goes a little faster to make blocks.

11 Likes

Jan, you’d better start chunking while it’s wet.That will be a lot of miles.
Unfortunately my rebak would only be able to handle the edging, unless you split the slabs first. It doesn’t like full width. Too much force needed.

Btw, did you replace the reduction cone in the Chevy gasifier?

7 Likes

Well, changed to the same as on the Illern, it turned out to go quite well, is probably the best so far, but became a bit like your Volvo, when I drove on forest roads with approx. 1400 rpm for a few hours, the throttle is a bit stiff the morning after.

8 Likes

Even though I have not been driving the wood burners and most my wood has gone to building projects of late (rabbit hutch, solar shed ect) my yard guys at work are still nice enough to be saving piles of pallets for me. Think 3 cylinders will get a work out on the way home???

19 Likes

Some work done today, feels good in the back :smiley:

Start to cut into the pile, to get some manageable sizes for the buzz-saw/chunker.

Some newcomers in the chainsaw collection had to show their muscles.

My father showed up for coffee, and inspected the first load for chunking. He sure has some opinions about firewood :smiley:

Small stuff and cut off’s is saved for the wood stove.

Everything cut down to lenght.

I got some time left to chunk some, six and a half bag in 24 minutes, pretty good for me after all sawing and loading :astonished:

16 Likes

Nothing like wood. Good feeling.
Is that what your father thinks too? Or maybe the opposite? :smile:

8 Likes