Wood supply

Hi Bronlin, sorry to say, i looked up some and no one of them got a ISBN number, which probably means they are only printed in a small series, only in Sweden.

Only thing is they are published by Sven Englundh

8 Likes

is that a desktop moonshine still pictured on the cover ? ))

10 Likes

It brings a whole new definition of “Microbrewery”

11 Likes

It’s a still for sure :smiley:
More of a laboratory scale, hard to get wasted by those drops :woozy_face:
What is more fun is it says: recipes among others, perfume, paint, fireworks, explosives, face treatment masks.

10 Likes

I need to dissagree. We were doing some extractions at school and the solvent was absolute alcohol. Thats 100% alcohol, not the usual 96%. Wery high grade lab stuff, crazy expensive so it was collected later in a still just like that to be used next time. Well, you can imagine dumb 16 year olds, not all the alcohol ended in storage… aah memories… or shuld l say lack of them :smile:

14 Likes

Those books remind me of the poor man james bond volumes.

5 Likes

Rubbish, (wood), gengas wood, and some boards.

16 Likes

My brother took down some alder, and asked me if i wanted it, ofcourse :smiley:
This was in February, i guess it was about time to pick it up today. :smiley:

Brother.

Should have been in the “what followed me home” topic, but, i got this piece of junk too, could be fun to rebuild into something else. :thinking:

16 Likes

I realy like alder wood. Has a nice colour and burns hot. Also its supposed to be the best wood for using in water or underground (anaerobic conditions).

10 Likes

It appears European breeding for coppicing is working a lot better then it does in the US. It appears as though the Blue Alder coppices itself and transports itself to a more convenient location. We don’t have that growing here in the states.

6 Likes

Chunked some today, ofcourse, when i got “the flow” i either got visitors (father) or dog started barking, or duck ran away to the neighbours, but i got some 12 bags filled. :smiley:

I need to get some more bags, these are starting to tear and rip, fun to lift one, and bottom rip’s.

Cindy helped by chasing (stealing) chunks.

Fuel :smiley:

18 Likes

Stashed up some unprocessed fuel, ready for chunking.

Got the tarp over it just in time :smiley:

I split some of the alder i got home, not needed, but my circular saw blade use to bind some in some species raw wood, cuts much faster if it’s split in half.
My very homemade hydraulic splitter is almost overgrown by nettles.

20 Likes

New truck with first load of slabs.

Fresh wood taken down to make way for the road.

More fresh wood along the new road. I am taking too long to make this road. It has too be good enough for the storm truck to get back to this wood, so I can use the loader to lift it.
It’s a very cold year so far, and the bugs are minimal. Just too many other things happening, so I am behind on the wood gathering/cutting.

18 Likes

This was pretty exasperating. Someone put 8" cylinders on this bucket. It wouldn’t bypass, kept dropping even the biggest logs. I finally took off the pins and proved to myself that it really was a bypass bucket. Then I ordered two 12" cylinders.

In theory, I should be able to hand my son logs for him to cut on his buck after loading them by myself in the bush. It should make us more efficient.
The truck is powered by a dt466, burning biodiesel. I can dink around for hours loading with relatively little fatigue. Maybe even earbuds!

19 Likes

Can’t remember if i posted this already?
I “tortured” the wood-slicer some

It just manages 2" dry birch, stops sometimes but the reverse switch helps.

20 Likes

I’m going to build a gasifier for my sawmill. The obtanium I will be using has that woodrunner patina. Maybe I’ll just leave it raw. No. I’m lying. I paint everything. :joy:

14 Likes

Cool Volvo! Please write a little bit about it.

6 Likes

Hi Bruce, i guess you mean my old truck?
It’s Volvo, model name Viking, from 1953, as Volvo was in a hurry to get their new model presented, the 1953 Vikings was built on earlier chassis (the real model Viking came 1954)
Therefore the 1953s was nicknamed: “synvilla” which means “illusion” :smiley:
This is an early one, chassis nr around 300 some, thats one reason i saved it.
These was middle-size big trucks at it’s time (8 ton load, with 3 axles) the bigger sister was Volvo Titan.
This one has a 6 cylinder diesel engine at about 100hp, and 5 speed gearbox.
Vacuum-hydraulic brakes.
My one has as “retirement” been converted, it got it’s fram shortened, rear suspension blocked, the two highest gears blocked, and it’s registered as a tractor. (Swedish Doodlebug)
My plan is to get it back as a truck in the future.

12 Likes

Hurra! Wir leben noch!

We are alive! The 12" cylinders gave it the grip it needs. Now we can harvest the small stuff, move the stumps, and brush.

Now I have to drag out the old conveyor/buzzrig and start a production line.

Ps. Can you spot the Farmall H in there?

18 Likes

16 Likes