Woodgased BCS walkbehind

My great grandparents and grandparents on Dad’s side didn’t have electricity capable of more than lighting until about 1960.

Their lighting was provided by batteries that they charged with the tractor, but they didn’t use them much, firm believers in LIGHTS OUT 7:30PM. I bet they had some seriously good night vision. My Great Aunt bought that property and have some cousins that still live there with her, they’re about a 15 minute drive from me.

9 Likes

Advanced sharpening lessons. Universal language:

S.U.
Sigh. Of course it will not load. [fixed! Chris.]
On the “Institut for Geovidenskab og Naturforvaltning SKOVSKOLEN” youtube channel.

3 Likes

Wow, even for Kristijan hard to beat. She swings once and K has to walk twice with the BCS

6 Likes

One more detail about sizing, @KristijanL . What is the diameter of gas output pipe between gasifier and the filter?

4 Likes

Kamil, l thenk about 45mm? All the rest is 50mm sewage pipe. Fits perfectry on the carbourator, otherwise l wuld take a smaller pipe.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting your small engine gasifier design, motor sounds VERY good on wood gas. That thin matal welding truely is a pain, I am welding some 22 gauge ss heat sheild on a project now, today too finish that peice of tin splatter weld. I am wearing out my mig gun trigger welding the thin stuff. Should be lighter though, wish i had a metal roller for 12 or 14 gauge ss sheet.I would make one if i knew what would be strong enough too roll out 12 inch burn tubes.

5 Likes

Brake rotors also work well as anvils.

4 Likes

Aaah the joy of fatherhood…

(Thats a stone in behind the choke plate)

14 Likes

They were just “working on it like daddy!”

6 Likes

Yea, this alredy cost me a car once… probably. My woodgased Mercedes somehow got half a gallon of water in the tank. It hadnt had a l9ckable tank lid… but l cant be sure.

But moral of the story here, no matter how much your wife pisses you off at times, always love her. She is the one that found the stone playing with the choke flap while l worked on the new filter housing.

Pictures later. Finishing this diah called “poured beans”, its green beens and potatoes boiled, then poured over with a generous amount of pork fat and cracklings. I add butter too, as the original version is kinda low on calories :smile:
Well after that l will go on a mowing odisay. The machine will run for the better part of the next few days cuting hay and also harvesting wheat we got planted

12 Likes

You can look forward to your grandchildren doing things like this. Ask me how I know. Dirt, rocks, gravel and water put where it could have not gone on its own. I you have a tarps to cover and tie down, over the small engines and equipment this might help. Make it more diffitcult for the little loved ones.
Bob

9 Likes

When my dad was doing body repair to a friend’s truck about 20 years ago, my little sister was on the other side of the shop banging on something with dad’s planishing hammer.
It was the other fender of the truck. She didn’t dent it but definitely scuffed the paint and dad had to touch that up.

I never messed up dad’s stuff but I did like to break rocks and chop down trees when I was little. My favorite movie was Snow White especially the scene where the dwarves were mining.

8 Likes

Hi ho, hi ho its off to work I go. (Now whisle it) I got that tune stuck in your head now. Lol lol lol.

4 Likes

With our kids I can’t remember much but a couple crayons and a sandwich inside the vcr.
BUT - One evening we sat on our neighbour’s porch for a barbecue. Their son was maybe 6 or 7 at the time and probably had all the letters there are. Suddenly he had been to the garage to get his father’s set of sockets and emptied it in the lawn. His father yelled NO, NO and rushed to gather the tools. A minute later the two-stroke trimmer started around the corner and planted flowers started to single down around us. NO, NO!
The father started to sweat and sat down for a sip on his beer. One sip - and the guesthouse across the yard started rocking. Their son somehow got into the garage again to get another tool. He was now jacking the guesthouse up in the air :smile:
Their son is 20 something by now and his father suffered from a heart attack a couple years ago.

9 Likes

Over here a kid like that would be sent to military school.

One of my friends was disowned at 12 for dismantling an old barn nobody used. Lived in group homes after that.

4 Likes

They should have kept him and started a demolishing company, they would be rich and he would be still theirs and happy. It is important to reconize peoples potentals that they have at a young age. Mine is talking to much so I will shut up on this subject now. Lol. Next…
Bob

7 Likes

Hi Kristijan
do you manage to get dry gas with this gasifier?
is all the water cracked with this gasifier?
Thierry

4 Likes

Yes, a bit too dry actualy. I need to use a different filter media, it seems the towel fibres pack with dry ash and get restrictive over time. Idealy, the gas shuld be just a tiny bit damp so that the ash forms a nice cake on the filter.

Also, l noticed l get some ash past the filter. I think the reason is since the machine vibrates strongly and the 1 cilinder engine pulsates so much, is shakes the filter media too much. I need a biger but tighter media.

Been runing the machine for about 4 hours yesterday. Got about a hectare 2.5 acres to cut on neighbours land.

Now breakfast and back to work.

18 Likes

have you tried increasing the amount of water in the charcoal? The gas should become wetter!

3 Likes

hi kristijan, great build, one more woodgas mower in europe!!..your kids, with the water in the mercedes tank…shurely they once became also great inventors like you, they try just to drive with water…hydrogen…
why you have choosen 5 nozzles instead of the usually one at charcoal systems?
for bridging reasons?
for complete water splitting reasons?
or less(?) nozzle consumption…?
ciao giorgio

9 Likes