Woodrunner Volvo's

Haha :joy:
No, Greta lost her fame when Covid became the big news.
Now she hang around with those idiots that sit down on highways, to “save the spreckled woodtick” or “save the wolfes” or “save the syphilis bacteria”
Actually i am affraid of end up first in line when they do one of their protests, im affraid i couldn’t hold on, and maybe “push” the dorks some with my car…
I know they only want to do good, but it becomes just stupid…

9 Likes

It started stupid. She didn’t really do anything. She didn’t know anything. “hey there is a problem. You guys do something! Now!” but we started 7 years before she made her UN speech in the US. And we brought light to the issue to help the RE legislation, but the legislation itself didn’t need to mention GW.

How does complaining about something, make you this leader, or who gave her the microphone? How did she end up in front of the UN, or even get a Nobel prize?

I mean that takes a LOT of pull to get that much attention for complaining without any idea of what is going on, or any way to address it. In reality, she is more like a parent at there kids soccer game, going “ref you suck!”, or “hey you missed the ball you fat slob!”. They started say she was a good leader at my kids school, and the district got a really nice letter from me, after a few years of ‘we are teaching leadership’, prior to the whole greta thing. They don’t even know what leadership is the kids now think leadership is bullying.

4 Likes

Well, there is powers behind Greta, probably the big dollar companies that wants to show how environmentalists work… like we need a total idiot, someone the people will like, but have no brain at all, and will make a fool of herself.
I don’t know really, i don’t like any kind of “protesters” the only thing they want is to shout and blame others, and destroy others stuff, and fight, and make a mess, the only thing they need is some-one/thing to unite against, not really important what.

This reminds me of a story i read among chainsaw collectors: someone told a story about his grandpa, working at the citys tree service, parks.
When he retired at 70 some, one of his last job’s he should drop two big park trees, that got some sort of disease. This was in the early -70s and he met tree-huggers for the first time in his life.
The old man reasoned: " they hadnt climbed that high, only 'bout some 25 feet"
He felled the trees, the poor hippies that had chained themselves to the trees must have been terrified when they heard that McCulloch bark under them. :hushed:

14 Likes

Oops, there shouldnt be me rant about angry people, i meant to post this:

When i re-fueled before driving home from work yesterday i saw this: a shoe! I have no idea how it ended up there, but i didn’t notice any difference in power on my way home, so i guess old shoes have some fuel value also.

18 Likes

Results for

Michigan

Choose area

In Michigan, several power plants use chipped tires as fuel — including Viking Energy in Lincoln, which used about 1 million tires in 2020. In the meantime, Michigan drivers continue to create new scrap tires, as state agencies try to keep up.Jul 12, 2021

7 Likes

It doesn’t look like just ANY shoe, it looks a lot like a Converse All-Star. :slight_smile:
Which got popular again. :slight_smile: You could probably just throw it in the washing machine and hang out with the hipster crowd if you can find the other one. :slight_smile:

Apparently Viking Energy shut down it’s facility in June.

8 Likes

Haha, yes it looks like a Converse, or probably a copy, but it is already gasified, so… I prefer my clogs anyhow. A woodgas car would make a great “hipster-mobile” maybe?

8 Likes

Hipster mobile.

A vehicle that is quirky and stylish but otherwise mostly useless. I wouldn’t waste a good gasifier on it.

6 Likes

I thought it would be nice to document this beautiful bridging.
First: this did not affect the “performance” of the car, chunks still fell down and feed the hearth, i just noticed this at start-up for going home from work, and snapped some pic’s before i poked it down :smiley:

There is a nice, hollow “cave” underneath.

Only some % of round wood chunks will stop this.

As i only used hopper temp gauge the last years i find it interesting to follow the gasifiers “automatic” function, how hopper temp suddenly raise, when the hearth runs short on wood, the upwards radiating heat increase, and “roasts” the bridge/valve, which collapse, and hopper temp stabilizes, it is FUN for a researching mad redneck scientist to drive a woodgas car, it is good for the over-active brain, it takes the boring of driving… :cowboy_hat_face:

20 Likes

A new woodrunner video. I think he’s making black fudge but I’m not sure since he’s using that foreign speak. Kind of like to know.

https://youtu.be/b2RStGOPhSE

12 Likes

Hi Tom, i was just taking the opportunity to clean the tar out of the condensate collector, while it was a nice warm and sunny day :smiley:
Not in english, sorry, but i think everyone here on DOW knows the routine already :cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes

That isn’t fair! We miss the classic swedish humor! :slight_smile: I even thought about it yesterday as I ran across a youtube video short of this and with US vietnam scare tactic tape (which fully explains one side of tape I had as a kid).

The Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society (SPAS) says it has installed an underwater “defence system” [known as the Singing Sailor in the waters off Stockholm. Described as a subsurface sonar system, the installation features the words “Welcome to Sweden” in Russian, and emits the phrase “this way if you are gay” in Morse code. The animated neon sign features a man clad in white underpants and a sailor hat, gyrating his hips as pink hearts flash behind him.

6 Likes

Göran, I watched your latest cleanout YT. I’m amazed how fine your under the grate material is. You really burn just about everything. Almost no slipped charcoal.
Also, you managed the procedure almost without getting dirty :smile:

13 Likes

Hi Jo, yes, it really takes care of most what i feed it, one benefit of a static grate.
But it ofcourse becomes sensitive for dimensioning, wood type, wood size, and stuff, but with this one i had the luck to hit somewhat of a jackpot, it works really well.
As i suspected “constipation” problems i built it with a aggressive grate scraper/agitator (which broke before it was ready built) but i haven’t needed it much, about maybe 4 times i limped home slowly with constipation, to let it cool down, and clean the grate through ash door.
Today i ran it on small oak that dried only for two weeks, and it ran really well, day after tomorrow i will drive on plum tree.

15 Likes

The more charcoal you remove from the process, the more juice (water) needs to be extracted, Goran’s gasifier obviously does an excellent job. :+1:

12 Likes

Thanks Tone.
That is way to see it i never thought about, dropped charcoal is a waste of heat, pretty clear, not only a waste of fuel.

13 Likes

I never thought about it that way either, but it makes perfect sense. I guess it’s, as always, a balancing act -utulizing as much charcoal as possible without loosing too much power due to drag.

10 Likes

When we think about a charcoal gasifier with a downward process, where a mixture of air and water vapor is introduced into the process, which is prepared at 80°C so that this air is saturated with water vapor, we can compare it with a wood gasifier. Here, too, the temperature is similar to the above, where excess water is eliminated, and moist pyrolysis gases move down through the glowing coals. Charcoal is produced from the pyrolysis process, when part of the charcoal is removed from the process, it is necessary to change part of the new wood into charcoal, thus it is necessary to eliminate excess water and tar juice…
How to reduce the resistance in the lower part, where ash and small charcoal settle? Mechanically, by shaking the grate, turn the flow of gases to the side, so that the flow of gases lifts and moves light particles (ash) to the side…

11 Likes

@Woodrunner Jonas called and was thinking of making a cloth filter, wasn’t it 400 mesh that you had for Chevan?

3 Likes