2016 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 19-22

Chris - Do you have any sort of schedule or agenda for Argos?

Same here, rain or shine. Argos or bust.

1 Like

This is what we did last yearā€¦ anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

=====================================

###Thursday: Prep and setup
(All day) Come on by if you want to help us set things up!

###Friday
(All day) Register please, donations accepted
(All day) Firetube drawing - enter to win!
(All day) Woodgas truck rides

10:00a Set up your camp
11:00a Meet & greet
12:00p LUNCH
12:30p: Orientation & announcements
2:00p Wood chunker demo
3:00p 101 sessions (see board)
4:00p Small engine showcase
5:00p Charcoal presentation
6:00p: SUPPER
(Dusk): Flare off gasifiers
10:00p: Campfire

###Saturday

(All day) Register please, donations accepted
(All day) Firetube drawing - enter to win!
(All day) Woodgas truck rides
(All day) Charcoal making w/ Gary Gilmore

10:00a Wood Chunker demo
11:00a 101 sessions (see board)
12:00p LUNCH
12:30p Announcements & Firetube Drawing
1:00p Woodgas trucks showcase
2:00p Woodgas Parade
2:30p Truck Lineup, photos
4:00p Q&A session
6:00p SUPPER
9:00p Campfire

###Sunday: Pack up & head home
Hang out as long as you likeā€¦
Hope to see you next year!

1 Like

Iā€™m shooting to get there Thursday evening.
I should probably figure a way to set up my rocket stove so I can make coffee

4 Likes

How about the idling contest after the parade?

5 Likes

I am exploring my options for trying to come to Argos this year.

Curious if anyone is passing through western or middle TN (pretty much anywhere between Nashville and Memphis) who would like to ride share.

If we are able to work something out, I would pay half the fuel (or provide a metric ton of sawmill slabs, if you prefer).

PS: If you are coming a long way, I could provide an overnight camping spot near Linden, TN (that invitation is open to any members passing through these parts)

2 Likes

REMINDER: if you are coming to Argos, and youā€™re not on the RSVP list, please put your name down! We like to anticipate how many to feed etc. Plus, for insurance reasons this is a ā€œprivateā€ event, so having a list of names really helps.

RSVP here: 2016 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 19-22 - #3 by Chris

Good morning all.

A week from this morning I will have put 600 - 700 miles on the dakota and enjoying coffee and fellowship with you guys :relaxed:

Long range weather forecast looking good :grin:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/argos-in/46501/may-weather/332965

7 Likes

Canā€™t hardly even call that a long range forecast at this late hour.

2 Likes

Nothing like morning coffee at Argos! My wife has shingles this spring and will not be able to make it this year, so no wife, no Dolittle, just a long lonesome road. Iā€™ve been going back and forth from Arkansas to Indiana since 1953. The roads are better, but the traffic is not!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that! Shingles are no fun. Tell her she will be missed (as will Dolittle!)

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about Ruby, We will miss her. Hope she gets better soon.
Ron & Ronda L.

1 Like

Chunker people If you need me to bring any material to chunk let me know. I can bring some short slab pieces to chunk up.
Thanks, Ron L.

Good morning Carl .

Tell Miss Ruby she will be missed. :confounded: Also give my regards to Dolittle .

Looking forward to seeing you again .

1 Like

Hi Ron, Iā€™m bringing a chunker. Some material to cut up would be great. Thanks!

2 Likes

I will not be going to Argos this yr.
I really really want to but just canā€™t
afford it,to many hurdles to jump in to short a tome period.
Next yr. I am going if I have to hitch hike there.
That is an option that I have thought about, but still need money to live on for the trip there and back. Looking forward to the adventure. No matter how I get there and back next yr.
Jesse

Guess weā€™ll see who makes it. It was fun with all the lawn tractors last year. I donā€™t think I have lyme this year but got bit by a rabid cat last year right after Herb H dropped me off from my cadilac disaster (september). Truck is loaded and ready to go. My wifeā€™s dad died thursday so we are headed north on Monday for funeral stuff on Tuesday ā€¦ I plan to leave Thursday and get hotel in eastern IL ā€¦ get there lunch time on Friday (I hope) ā€¦ busy busy busy ā€¦ Iā€™ll have driven over 1000 miles by then ā€¦ wha wha ā€¦ Mike

2 Likes

Hi Carl, I had shingles in 2013 right before Argos ā€¦ no fun ā€¦ Make sure she getā€™s plenty of sleep ā€¦ I still donā€™t feel my legs 3 years later ā€¦ I also got Guillain-Barre syndrome 2 months after the shingles ā€¦ Fun getting old ā€¦ I almost fell off the trailer re-loading it on my way home that year ā€¦ Regards, Mike

Hey Mike .

I didnā€™t let Jack down ( you will know what I am talking about )

Hi all, put the slide in unit in the black 94 ford today. nothing will be hooked up, but going to try to make it Thursday. hoping you all can give me some ideas on the install. Hope to see you all there. Alā€¦ . Chris anything I need to bring?

4 Likes