2016 Missouri Woodgas Meetup | Doniphan, MO | Sep 29 - Oct 1

Tom, Are you the first one there? No one else have checked in yet on DOW.
Bob

1 Like

Lets see some early pictures!

2 Likes

No one else here. Want pic’s of street lamps step outside your door:grin:

Edit Don’t know how much work Greg has put into this already but got here right at dark and no one around didn’t want to bother him. FYI the place I ate tonight couple older guys knew about Greg and his wood powered truck

2 Likes

Hey Tom if you need anything I can come down tonight otherwise I will be there in the morning, if your camping just feel free to pick a spot, we will be using the big metal building that says Whitwell on it.

1 Like

Thanks Greg. I’ll find a water hydrants in am to make coffee preferable one the livestock drinks from increases the flavor

3 Likes

TOM, You should get a prize for being the first DOW out of towner to show up.
Bob

1 Like

maybe a paper metal Doniphan has real good water

I sure hate to miss out on this.
Been down in my back since last weekend, and its not improving enough to travel.

That’s not good Jim, I hope and pray you heal up soon in Jesus Name. God Bless You.
Bob

I wish I could be there to meet yall I will be on the white river fishing a bunch Shriners out of St Louis Mo. they come around this time every year. Jim I know what you are going through I have had some myself.

1 Like

Ruby and I and Doolittle made it about 430 this evening cool and windy Headwind while driving

2 Likes

Hi carl how many miles too the wood gas meet in MO ?? Save us some country road vidios.

It hurts not being there with you guys !! With plenty of pics and video some of the pain might go away :confounded:

6 Likes

Just pulled in to Wayne’s place, to spend the night. Early start should put me in MO around lunch time. See y’all tomorrow!

2 Likes

A quick breakfast before daylight and Chris is on his way to MO .

8 Likes

I hope you all have a Great Event at The Missouri Moodgas Meet up. Lots of pictures and videos please. For those DOW members that couldn’t make it to the event.
Bob

3 Likes

Happy sailing,SWEM.BBB.Ash Fault Too ammo can.

2 Likes

Got home about 4:30 after 430 mile RT and a great time, despite having to drive home on gasoline. A very large leak developed around the bottom of the wood hopper while there and I was starting to burn wood at the top of the funnel. Huge amounts of steam and smoke at a shut off clinched the deal. Time for another major surgery. Tyler and Dolittle had a good time for sure, Thanks Tyler for entertaining the dog for us.

4 Likes

Not many pics but we were all there, even Chrisky. I think he drove for week to make it!! We chunked wood too.

It was Dakota country this weekend

11 Likes

Great event! Thanks to @greghenze for hosting us. The fairgrounds are very nice, similar to the grounds at Argos. I’ve got a walkaround video I’ll post shortly.

Everybody’s asking me how far of a trip it was. I checked the mileage this morning, back at work in SC. Since I left work on Friday, I’ve been 1,550 miles and driven through 10 states. Unfortunately not on woodgas. I really need to get my truck on the twelve step program… it’s still addicted to dino juice. Thanks for chipping in gas money guys.

Was it worth the trip? Yes! I’d do it again. Woodgassers are the best people in the world.

9 Likes