2019 Argos Reports and Pictures

Hello Tyler

What Don said . Sounds great

2 Likes
4 Likes

The Maher Family had a heck of a time at Argos 2019. Thank you all for the kind hospitality and killer vehicles. Wife and kids loved it too! -Alex

6 Likes

haha!!!:grin: Wayne was exceptionally ornery this week. LOL. He also taught us a new knot.
Everyone had a lot of fun. It was a good gathering.

And yes, hats off to Ron and Rhonda and Mike especially for all their hard work and worry.

And to everyone that brought equipment. It is a big deal to drive so far for some people. Thanks Bobmac and Mike Gibbs especially.

5 Likes

Woke up at 7am with a headache after a 12h sleep. Sleep was needed though, after those 24 hours of traveling.
Chores have accumulated back home and I don’t know where to start. Before I do I thought I’d share some of the pics from our vacation.
And before I do that, I want to give a very special thanks, not only to those mentioned above, but especially to Lisa and Erika. They have certainly spoiled us during our stay. Oh, Wayne and Billy did good too :smile:

15 Likes

Here are a few pictures we took at the meetup.

Al Frick “WEST VIRGINA”

Bob Mackey " ALL THE WAY FROM WASHINGTON"

Don Mannes " MICHIGAN"

Greg Henze “MISSOURI”

Kevin Delonay “WISCONSIN”

Randy Prichard “ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS”

Jacob North “ALABAMA”

Wayne Keith “ALABAMA”
Missing is Gary Gilmore, Sorry, Gary you came all the way from PENNSYLVANIA.
Will post more later.
Ron L.

17 Likes

Back again! here are some more pictures of the fun we had at Argos Meetup.

JO getting his point across!

Thanks to Kristijan for his help getting tractor running like new again.

Thanks to Jacob for the boost!

Bob getting just the right angle!

A Visit from David a New Zealand friend.

Harry Graves and Dan Moore at the sign in table with Ronda Lemler.

Much thanks to Mike Reynolds for all the picture/videos/help he gives.

Youngest Wood gasifier girl, our grand daughter Angela Marie with Aunt Sarah!
Thanks to all who came and everyone who made it another enjoyable time, Hope to see more next year!
Ron L.

13 Likes

Thanks to whoever brought the pecan pie . The wife made sure Kristijan got a peace . He had never seen or tasted a pecan .

7 Likes

360 degree photo of camping area. Zoom in and then drag from side to side.

8 Likes

Ron, Great pics of the men with their woodgas.

2 Likes

Welcome to the driveonwood forum, Alex! :grin:

4 Likes

Well being away from the comfort of home for so long sure did not make me looking for any serial numbers when l finaly got in our bed l can tell you that :smile:

13 Likes

Michael and I arrived at my house in East Wenatchee at 08:29 am. We got up and were on the road before 04:30 am. It was the earliest start of the hole trip, because my phone alarm did not know what time it was because of traveling though the time zone. Lol
I traveled a total 4,603 miles. By the time Michael gets home he will have traveled right at 5,000 miles. He still has 3 more hours to go.

Everyone in Argos has plenty of hot water for bathing and showers.
More pictures to come, need to catch up on things here with the family.
Bob

8 Likes

Lots of good pictures this year.

2 Likes

Randy, did you make it back to Texas?

4 Likes

Hi Bob , You and Michael for sure are adventurers !! I am glad you made it home safe, and it was good to see you again.
Ron L

2 Likes

@Gary Gilmore,
Is this a new generator for you? Black Max Specifications 7000 running watts 8750 starting watts 389CC Honda OHV Engine 6 gal. fuel tank Low lubricant shut down Noise reduced spark arrestor muffler (8) 120V 20 AMP outlets (1) 240V 30 AMP twist lock outlet.
Are you using the 240 V 30 Amp twist lock outlet to charge the Tesla? My Tesla did not come with that adapter for the Tesla cable, but I have used an adapter that plugs into Motel Air Conditioner 240 volt outlets and lets the 115 vac plug into it. This puts 240 volts on the Tesla cable (which normally plugs into 115 vac.) The cable doesn’t mind, and the car adjusts the charging rate to over 10 mph, vs the 4 to 5 miles/hour on the 115 outlet. (A light weight 115 vac extension cord can be used, but the temperature at the connectors need to be monitored. Basically running 240 volts on a 115 cord. The car will monitor the voltage drop, and cut back current accordingly.)
Is the owner of this Tesla on the forum?
Gary, I’m looking for your report about Argos.
Ray

1 Like

More pictures of the meet up.

Don Mannes from Michigan

Wayne and Lisa Keith shoveling and bagging up a true Loving relationship together and Driving On Wood. Team work and Love in action.

Gray Gilmore from Pennsylvania. MR. Charcoal Simple Fire. Himself.

Jacob North from Alabama. The YOUNGEST world record holder for building a WK Gasifier and then driving it to Argos Indiana from Alabama, and then back again at 15 years old, a
Great Achievement.

Ronda Lemier, and family.

Mike Reynolds from Indiana. The Man Behind The Camera. Give us all the great pictures and videos. Thank you Mike.

Dr. Larry the man that is always thinking on a better and new ways to build a gasifier.

Mike Gibb from Kent, Washington. A wonderful person to drive across the USA with. Thank you Mike for the second Adventurer to 2019 Argos Indiana Woodgas Meetup.

JO Olsson from Sweden, Gary Gilmore from Pennsylvania, Kristijan Leitinger from Slovenia talking shop , Gasification black gold. Bruce Southerland that has a MGB charcoal only gasifier sports car. No gasoline at all.

Wayne Keith from Alabama, Tom Collins from Crivitz, Wisconsin, Randy Prichard from Texas and Mike Gibb from Washington State. All Masters of building gasifiers in the gasifier world.

Randy Prichard from Texas and presenting his trucks flaring at the event.

Paul Anderson Ph.D. Author. Of the book
" A Capitalist Carol " and Wayne Keith.

Wayne Keith from Alabama, with that Great Southern Alabama Smile.

Gary Gilmore from Pennsylvania, standing next to his Charcoalgasifer powered Ford truck with a OBD2 system.

Kevin DeLonay standing between his flairs of his 1997 Dodge Dakota truck with a OBD2 system.

Gray Gilmore taking his truck for a drive. I still want a drive in your truck. Next year Lord Willing.

The newest wood gas baby looking at Grandpa Ron’s wood gasifier tractor, you can never start them to young.

Greg Henze from Missouri with Bill Schiller from Minnesota taking a picture of me.

Mike Gibb from Washington, Ron Lemier from Bourbon, Indiana, and Kevin DeLonay from Wisconsin. In the back ground JO Olsson, Conrad Lachermeir?, Joseph Wenze , ______?.

Kristijan Leitinger from Slovenia lighting my flair representing all the DOW Brothers in European countries and around the World.
Praise God the Father the Creator of all things created.
Bob

15 Likes

I was asked as the MC to report the funniest thing that happened at Argos. On the last evening while several of us were sitting around the fire, Wayne did one of his “funnies”.

Dan Moore had made several stoves, sawdust cookers, and plastic bucket lanterns to raffle off on Saturday. Lisa Kieth really had her eye on the bucket light, but she did not win.

Later that evening while Lisa was away, Dan brought her one and gave it to Wayne and told Wayne to give it to her and tell her it was from Dan. Wayne, quite characteristically said,
"I’ll tell her I bought it for her."

Obviously, Everyone laughed.

When Lisa returned, Wayne said, “Now you know that I’m down to my last few dollars, but I love you so much I just had to buy this for you.”

Lisa immediately raised her hands, looked to heaven and said, as only she can,

"Forgive him Lord, I know he’s lyin’."

People almost wet themselves laughing.

Definitely the funniest happening of the week in my opinion.

16 Likes

Tyler, thanks for the video of that good lookng guy that tried to fall out of the truck at 4:40…:blush:

1 Like