2019 Argos Reports and Pictures

In honor of Don Mannes starting a similar thread last year, I am starting this thread early in order to give folks a place to post “getting ready”, “arrival” and “anticipation” pics, reports and video. Please post new 2019 stuff here!

11 Likes

Place Saver for future links, etc. :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

I am getting the :popcorn: and a big screen to watch the pics and clips to come…

16 Likes

All I need now is @mggibb Michael Gibb to show up Sunday morning load the cooler with ice and stash the last of my gear and his gear under the tarp and we can get start down the road to Argos. Oh Yeh…I’m getting excited.

Bob

12 Likes

A few straps and a few more bags of wood and we will be ready to roll. Smile with every mile :grinning::grinning:.
Jakob
.DSCN9891

13 Likes

posting this here seeing how Argos is so close. looking forward to the event!!https://youtu.be/jVCM2iNslJ0

4 Likes

Thanks for the video Kevin . Enjoyed it much .

SWEM

2 Likes

Guys I will not be able to make it this year. I am on the list for 2 people so I did not want the count to be off. Have started my project and I do have the truck ready to go. ic

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that Irvin. We were looking forward to meeting you in person. Don’t worry about the sign-up sheet, the numbers always work out to be different anyway! Hope you can come next time!

1 Like

JO and Kristijan in Alabama

:grinning:

21 Likes

For a second there, I thought I may not get to see Krisstijan’s mustachio. But with the skill and steady hand of JO, I guess the flamethrower didn’t sing Kristijans’ pride.TomC

6 Likes

Hi Jan-Ola and Kristijan,
great to see you on Wayne’s veranda :slight_smile:

I wish everyone a great time at Argos und looking forward to photos and videos!

7 Likes

Go ahead. Make my day.

26 Likes

Dam! In one day he became a local red neck. TomC

10 Likes

Wayne, Kristijan, JO and all,

I once thought it was so sad that the wood gassers didn’t have any family or friends to help them with their videos and photos (with some rare exceptions). When I finally got around to making my own videos for driveonwood, I think I discovered what was really happening. It is a good way to avoid being in front of the camera. Good to see more of peoples faces, starting with Kristijan and JO. Wayne knows how to make them feel at home and look at home, too. Looking forward to seeing more. I’ll be there with you in spirit. Can’t wait.

5 Likes

All packed up and ready to roll

IMG_0838

IMG_0831

12 Likes

Good morning too you all, hope jo and kristijan will enjoy the southern heat. Indiana is more like there used too.Lord be with your traval and have a good camping times.Ohh and happy red necking.

5 Likes

Not one day. We had to warm him up for a few days for Wayne to get so far on his conversion so fast. Billy

This is the part I clicked the like button for.

6 Likes

We can’t make it this year but I enjoyed seeing The Foreigners at Wayne’s farm. They look a lot like us, huh? Looks like Billy did a good job of acclimating them to North America, southern style.
Seems like we already know them from all the projects they’ve shared with us.
Hope you all have a safe and happy event at Argos!

7 Likes

Sorry to read that you are unable to attend. I enjoy your enthusiasm for making this technology more available to more people. I think about mass production of components as you have advocated for. See you next time!

2 Likes