Life goes on - Winter 2022

Mike, I doubt it, but I found the photos above avarage beautiful too :smile:

7 Likes

Oh, this room I think I wallpapered when I built the cabin, around 1990.
Don’t think I’d want your underwear in that case.
But what am I not doing for my wife?

5 Likes

So, do you do away with any firewood in these temps? I think I avarage about 150 pounds a day right now (60-70kg). The boiler is roaring 6 hours a day non-stop to warm up the storage tanks (drafty house with basement + a few degrees above freezing in the garage).

7 Likes

I should think something similar, make a fire in the morning around 5-7 am and one around 3 pm.
But good to have a reason to go out with the car to the lake, and make a fire in the stove. :grin:

7 Likes

You have a better reason to DOW than I (DOWing to work) :frowning:

5 Likes

Good times not to be forgotten :blush:

10 Likes

Kristijan would blend in anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon. He could just explain he has a thick Mountain accent.

6 Likes

With that picture of Kristijan on my porch being public I have had nothing bothered with around the farm . :blush:

9 Likes

I remember almost wetting my pants there :smile:

5 Likes

Glad my apearance serves at least someone :smile: hadnt served me when l was in my girls chasing years thats for sure :wink:

10 Likes

Got some help today lighting the boiler and split a few sticks for the cooking stove.
Wife was terrified.
Walter:

• It’s ok granma. Me and granpa, we have done this many times :smile:

15 Likes

You can tell you did :smile:

And the smile on his face shows the pristine pride in work done well, that unfortunaly most todays young men lack. Good job grandpa!

13 Likes

You are a blessed man, Grandpa.

11 Likes

Those are the real good moments in life! Like Tom said, you are blessed.

Walter has a firm grip on the axe, good teacher he has :grinning:

9 Likes

Thought for the day. John Donne.

‘No Man is an Island’

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man’s death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

9 Likes

I have too agree with your statment there krisijan, I have seen kids in there 20,s not chop that much wood let alone that well. Mostly do too not being raised properly, or being encoureged too be lazy. SAD .

6 Likes

Whenever l can, l like to make things multipurpose. The fumehood of the forge seems to be one of those :smile:

15 Likes

Hey @Bobmac, you like snowboarding, right?

4 Likes

I have snowboarded and skiied most of my life. 20 plus years of instructing at Mission Ridge Resort. But have retired at 65 years now of age. That was 5 years ago now.
Riding behind a car on the streets what fun. Snowmobils even more fun.
Bob

6 Likes

Everybody is getting ready for the big storm. All of us that live on the western side of the state in Michigan will be getting slammed. 2 ft plus of system snow and then Lake Effect with steady 40 to 50 mph winds with gust up to 70. At least we won’t be getting the frigid temps. The lake may be bringing a lot of snow but the water is still warm enough to keep temps up in the teens and twenties F. I am totally prepped but it will take a while to clear the drifts off my road. With those kinds of winds and a open field to my west, we have seen 5 and 6 foot drifts over our way in and out of here. No doubt about a white Christmas.

9 Likes