Life goes on - Winter 2022

Whenever l can, l like to make things multipurpose. The fumehood of the forge seems to be one of those :smile:

15 Likes

Hey @Bobmac, you like snowboarding, right?

4 Likes

I have snowboarded and skiied most of my life. 20 plus years of instructing at Mission Ridge Resort. But have retired at 65 years now of age. That was 5 years ago now.
Riding behind a car on the streets what fun. Snowmobils even more fun.
Bob

6 Likes

Everybody is getting ready for the big storm. All of us that live on the western side of the state in Michigan will be getting slammed. 2 ft plus of system snow and then Lake Effect with steady 40 to 50 mph winds with gust up to 70. At least we won’t be getting the frigid temps. The lake may be bringing a lot of snow but the water is still warm enough to keep temps up in the teens and twenties F. I am totally prepped but it will take a while to clear the drifts off my road. With those kinds of winds and a open field to my west, we have seen 5 and 6 foot drifts over our way in and out of here. No doubt about a white Christmas.

9 Likes

Send some of it my way! I’m lucky to ever get snow. Just freezing rain and a head cold.

5 Likes

ITS 6:00 oclock thursday dec 22, no snow yet here in vassar,michigan.,just starting too cool down enough too snow any hour though, last i checked yesterday,we might get 27 hours of snowing of various speeds.I am on east side on michigan 15 miles east of saginaw. My snow blower is in the barn too be worked on, hopefully i get it running, picked it up used as is, my other snow blower , the peller gear box stripped out, so i turned it into a porta plow, used it 4 or 5 years, my drive way and turn around is over 100 feet toltal, Me dont want shovel that much.

6 Likes

It is
supposed to get into the single digits tonight. we have been spending the last couple days freeze proofing radiators. burying waterlines and putting heaters in well houses. it is supposed to be below freezing for 3 days straight as well as some rain/ snow so power will probably go out. but I can hook up the woodgas truck to the generator if needed. we have about 8 years worth of dry firewood so I don’t think we will freeze completely.

10 Likes

hi jakob, i was thinking it looks too cold for you southern folk, radiators water lines, the works, its raining clear up here in michigan 10:00 at night thursday dec. 22 — crazy weather, the good book nsays that they would try too change the weather conditions, then again it could be closeing in on the begining of tribulation in the bible, IT has been a nutty weather year, floods , droughts, deep freeze, eathquakes in deverse places. Thats got too be a weard weather forcast, this far south, clear down too TEXAS allso. Its been dry of a summer this year, so if we get 4 feet of snow it would help out our gardon dirt.

4 Likes

ITS been warmer than usual this year, and i have had a head cold for at leiste 3–4 weeks. off and on , hard too clear my sinus it seems. It might be the munk fruit sweetener i been use too replace suger in my coffee or cacoa .

3 Likes

Kevin I think it just looks so bad because now we have all eyes on the ground reporting. People can communicate globally so you can hear about breaking news across the world. Information overload. We’ll know when the end is coming, we should just keep our eyes on God to relieve us of our worries.

6 Likes

I agree, and the abobination that maketh deselet, hasent happened yet. So the rapture is yet too happen. Though earth Quakes- crazy weather all part of too be expected, before the return of christ, only the father in heaven decides the timeing of the rapture, not even the angels. So it could be sooner than later, for the end of this generation time frame.Or the redemption of the saved followers of JESUS.Through faith.

5 Likes

I don’t believe it got above -5F here yesterday as of this morning it is -6 (-21C) winds making it feel like -33f (-36C) only got about 2 inches of snow. Don’t have to be outside long before it feels like your face is ready to fall off. I know some of you northerners consider this s balmy day

9 Likes

Woke up to a 1/4" of ice covering everything today, was supposed to snow but instead we got rain at 20° and everything was incased in ice. Torch was frozen to the truck bed, hopper frozen shut, doors frozen shut the roads are a absolute mess

9 Likes

Hope you said to heck with it and just stayed home :thinking:

8 Likes

It’s pretty dang cold but it’s even more windy than cold. My van is being blown about.

6 Likes

All you southern folks might need TWO parka coats tonight,going down around ZERO with the wind.Its windy clear up hear in michigan, were got 3 or 4 inches, though the wind id drifting snow 16" at leiste.At leiste its moisture too the ground.

Wind is keeping the roofs and pine tree from over loading.

9 Likes

4,4 pounds of meatballs, ready for tomorrow, maybe i should test some this evening :yum:

16 Likes

We had meatloaf last night. After dinner I thought I should have a little more, oops it is all gone.
Bob

9 Likes

meat balls and meat loaf are the 2 things we never have left overs of :rofl: that and beef stroganoff. Hamburger is just a good thing to have in the freezer, those are all a good stick to your ribs meals

9 Likes

Those meatballs look delicious. Do you all ever make meatball soup from leftovers?

3 Likes