2019 Argos Reports and Pictures

delete post .............sorry

Well it seems the guys on the road haven’t posted yet, but I got a call from Jakob. He and Dr. Larry pulled out of here before 5 Am this morning and headed north. They met up with Wayne and the rest of the caravan along the way somewhere in North Alabama and made it to somewhere in southern or central Indiana before stopping for the night.
He tells me there is a funny story about a leak in the bottom of the gasifier which involves a high temperatures, a tube of RTV, and Kristijan (Our Favorite Slovenian) volunteering to drink the beer to get an aluminum can to make the patch. :grin::smiley:

Apparently the patch worked quite well. He says he’s now out-running Wayne on cruise control, and using much less wood than he anticipated. I think he said he made 130 miles on 90 lbs of wood.:sunglasses:

Just to tell the truth, it’s hard not to be proud of Jakob. He worked really hard to build the gasifier and make this truck go. It seems rather strange to send your 15 year old off to drive across the country, but we figure he’s in good hands with some of the best in the field. :smiley:

Not sure why this post is making the text box in the middle. Anyone know what I clicked to make it that way?

11 Likes

So it looks like I will be doing a workshop constructing one of the kits for Danny. Not sure where we will set up yet as there will be sparks and things flying haha. Those that would be interested in the work shop may consider bringing along some safety glasses. I will bring what I have.

12 Likes

I like it Matt. I want one

4 Likes

Too much indentation space. I fixed it.

2 Likes

Well, with all the rain we’ve been having, i havent had much opportunity to make things ready. All the same, i have a truckload of totally untested stuff to play with.
I just need to change clothes and i’ll be on the road.

5 Likes

Dang, I guess I should have planned on leaving tomorrow after work. Looks like Friday morning for me leaving with the motorhome.If you find we need something - I’m stopping on the way in Battle Creek for groceries.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Ok guys, how about a few more pics to give us homebodies an idea of how this year’s gathering is shaping up?

5 Likes

Yes, Yes, don’t keep it to yourselves. Share with us. We want to have fun, too.

5 Likes

Robin and Steve, we have and plenty of pics and vids but no wifi to send them out on here, but will get them on as soon as we can!

5 Likes

Thanks, Don, we will be eagerly anticipating . . . .

1 Like

9 Likes

Nothing beats being there… not many things hurt more not being able getting there…

But agreed, keep those pics comming…

3 Likes

Thanks Bill for this wunderfull first picture… the smile says it all , those fellow woodgasifiers from europe are enjoying as much i did last year?

6 Likes

Yes sure wish i could have made it this year too, hope all are enjoying argoes and travels. record heat in south east and unseanal cooler in the far north east.Sorry i couldent make it too meet kristijan and jo from acrost the pond in person.

1 Like

Morning Woodgasers here are a few pictures from meetup. Just to let everyone this year has been SWEM!

More coming soon, got to go have some more fun.
Ron L.

12 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

I am happy for you folks and wish you great luck getting there! One common motif I have noticed is sagging rear ends of your vehicles. LOL.

3 Likes