6 door mid sized truck

I’ve been interested in 6 door trucks for a long time, never really thought about actually doing it. This is probably not anything more than a wacky idea, but it would be cool to take a small truck such as the Dakota, Chevy s10, or any small truck that at one point or another has the same body style in 4 door, and find a junker truck maybe with a front or rear end collision, and take the back door section from that, extend the frame on the other donor truck, and place it in sort of like legos. With this you would have to find the body mounts, weld nicely on the thin sheet metal, and align everything perfect, but despite the difficult parts of that, it would not be too unrealistic. I have yet to find any smaller or mid sized trucks converted to 6 door trucks, and the only thing I’ve come close to is a few of these s10 4 1/2 door trucks image

2 Likes

I think the s10 frame is too light weight too go that project unless when you extend the frame you double the frame around 5 too 6 feet, making more work than its worth, Though im not a perfectionist at fab projects.

2 Likes

That is a good point, but if you were to extend the frame anyway, you could double up on the steel and on the frame c channel shape you would just make square. It is not a type of truck that would be specifically useful for anything really aside from a large family for a long trip. and even then, you probably would just buy a 3 row seating suv and deal with the loss of bed space. not from a practical standpoint which i know many of you on the site focus on, but it would be a really cool showpiece.

2 Likes