A Dualfuel running on charcoal

I can understand your issues with the beans. Did you consider taking some of your char and making underwear pads for odor control?

1 Like

Have you ever thought of taking a deer with nothing but spear and persistence ? The thing with the beans is objective " If you grew it there must be something wrong with it "

1 Like

Henry,
In short, no. I am the dominant primate, an apex predator and I feel no emotion or nostalgia when asserting my hegemony over my territory. I use brute force technology to eliminate usurpers. Gas operated, magazine fed, long stand off, point target weapons, and 50000volt passive wires, maintain my reign.
Incident frequency declined logarithmically, after this policy was initiated.
Also the wife keeps the freezers full, so I don’t have to take time to hunt.

3 Likes

The previous owner of my farm had a side business of an illegal meat business . A lot of it remains . The meat locker is a lot older then the laws against it . I put batteries and inverter in it . rail , meat hooks , scale . Wood gas generator is in spot carcass would be hung and dressed , partially butchered .

Have no electric fence continually finding fence post with insulators

3 Likes

These stainless headers arrived from town today. They are small block chevy headers. They are the kind that point straight up for demo derby. They represent the beginning of a long sought after goal I have had for wood gas.
I want take an 87 fuelie small block/700r4 and put it in a Caterpillar D-6. Then when that’s all working happily, add a gas producer.

6 Likes

I once saw a six cylinder gasoline fueled truck engine made out of solid chrome . it was guaranteed to last forever . I was not allowed to touch it

2 Likes

Here is Andy’s producer fueling a small block. I saw this in person but I cannot remember the size of the generator.
I remember he took it down to Freesoil or Luther or some lower michigan place where his brother had no power for a week. They powered the house for a week, and the only complaint was all the wood they had to make for it.
Andy used to DOW. Then he GOW. LOL.

3 Likes

Thanks Bruce .

Enjoyed the video :blush:

3 Likes

Hey,
From the number of oven elements and the size of the generator head I’da guessed 30kW.
Then at 4:30 something Andy called you over to the control panel and says 260 volts and 103 amps. So live making 27,000 watts. You videoed 263 volts on his meter.
An odd voltage.
Nowhere does he show the hertz. I’d guess a bit over-RPM; and at 65-68 hertz.

He sure did build big BruceJ.
Do you recall what his intent was to actually power. Electric sawmill? With multiple saws?

GOW? Got Outta’ Wisconsin?

S.U.

1 Like

Wait a second Steve. What did that GOW mean??? TomC

1 Like

I was fishing for a response TomC.
Guess I hooked the wrong one. Careful now. De-hook and release.
Beats me what GOW is.
Glow Over Washington? D.C. I’d hope. Not my home state, either.
S.U.

2 Likes

Generate On Wood…:relaxed:

5 Likes

Glad you said oven elements. That had me baffled. Now, what do they do?

I wish I lived closer Bruce. I’d love to work on that with you. I would really like to see how you power a Cat with a small block. I’m pretty good with a small block if it has a carb and distributor sparked ignition. My racing days ended sometime in 1977.

Electrically load proof the electrical generator TomH.

Load working this; loads the engine.
Causing it to gas load proof the gasifer. Where loading is more heat for better performance.
Regards
Steve unruh

The longer I’m on this site the more I realize I don’t really know shit from shinola.

1 Like

Tom H: Don’t let it concern you. I joined Yahoo Woodgas group in 2000. Have been reading, posting, and building every since. Sadly few people are building and posting new builds lately. The postings have become people mixing the two materials you mentioned together and then telling us how to tell the difference. TomC

3 Likes

I used a water heater as a load 13 Kw .

2 Likes

Thank you, Mr TomC! You gave me a much needed LOL moment. All I could think about is that scene from the Steve Martin movie “The Jerk”, dealing with those two materials. I have been overwhelmed with the sheer number of DOW posts and have been struggling to read more of them, hence the late response. :smile:

3 Likes

I thought this might be interesting. This is a picture of us moving the biodiesel oil processing shed to the new Bushcamp. We had to take it right through down town Calumet. Of course the 6V53 had straight pipe exhaust, so there was no hiding. So we figured go right down main street like we owned it.
The oil processor was still hot and we didn’t disturb anything on the shelves or spill any fuel.

9 Likes