Argos 2014-Post and view 2014 pics and vids here

Hot flame , cool pipe

Kim Hart

All lined up

Don, It was a shame you couldn’t have brought that tracker.
It is the people building into uncharted territory that keeps me coming back! I hope to see it next year!

WayneK and DonM thanks for the short tight video loads.
So far I have been able to keep up.
Slow download viewing tricks are to laptop/desktop leave or reduce the YouTube screen to just 1/4 view.
Cursor sweep just under the lower edge timer bar at the RH side and find the hidden “Settings” button. Click open to “Quality”. Cursor down and reset as 240P.
Less pixels, less bits & bytes to download. 1/4 screen view now handy for RH side bar related videos reading while downloading stalled/burst waiting. I actually read the newspaper or a magazine during these wait times.
Be a bit fuzzy but the sound comes through just fine. Hear that MikeL laugh really well.
GorrillaGoogle/YouTube will usually let me do ~3 short videos before booting my Yahoo based cheapskate ass off.

Chris Saenz I’m still working on your Google+ plus site pictures. Keep getting blocks of html span trying to download and having to plug pull disconnect and even power off to stop this.
Please transfer the stills pics also to here on the DOW for all to be able veiw.

Thanks to ALL for sharing your experiences.
Thanks to RonL and family, and all other who made this possible.
S.U.

Hi Gang, I stopped at the library today and looked at most of the pictures and caught the parade video. I like the panoramic pictures … I’ll catch more next time I’m around high speed … whoooosh … pufffffffff … Hey, who pulled the extension cord out when we had Bill’s running ??? We lost the foil funnel a bit early … It’s fun to watch them melt … OOK

Hey Mike L,
I got the the unit’s first fire in Argos. That right there made my weekend.
It took a lot of time just to get these ideas in my head into physical form enough to bring to Argos. I wish I didn’t have to spend so much time there figuring out how to get a blower to hook up. I really wanted to spend my time looking at everyone’s trucks and gaining more knowledge. I already can’t wait for next year.

Bill & others, Time to get ready for skeeters here … crap … M

In case anyone missed it, here’s the Google+ album Steve and Mike referred to, about 250 photos, courtesy Jim Hart: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+ChrisSaenz/albums/6015204868466200993?sort=1

Feel free to add your own photos to that album. In case you can’t load Google’s fancy interface, here’s a few highlights from the bunch.

More pics…

What’s the link to the presentation video shown at Argos? The video had Alabama’s I’m In A Hurry as the soundtrack?

I don’t have the video, possibly Jim posted it somewhere. Here’s the first ten minutes of Jim Hart’s presentation:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cut1oin67pl64ljbgrluabr7ap8/104568332163340815118/6015866481575560994?cfem=1&opp=opp&phid=6015704512946637282

Thanks Much Chris Saenz
These pictures download and view easy.
Ha! I take it DougD’s face shot was before “the event”, eh? It’s all good Doug. Been there too. The hair will grow back man. The learned lesson sticks really well. Scared shitless is such a wonderful teacher.
Regards
S.U.

Ha!Ha!
With Doug’s red hair and the outline of the tree behind him it looks like he is on fire in that shot!

Seriously Doug, I noticed your burnt eyelashes and thought it was from welding.
Terry

Steve, that pic was taken right after the “barber-flame” took some hairs off. Still had some left over. Not as bad as it could have been, eh Doug?

I was flash burned from a cup of gasoline into a burn barrel at age 12 that wasn’t burning. I remember rubbing all of my eyebrows off and feeling lucky that they had a chance to grow back throughout summer before school started again.

Yea Doug , Chris just saved you $12 for a hair cut.

Good morning Henry
" What’s the link to the presentation video shown at Argos? The video had Alabama’s I’m In A Hurry as the soundtrack? "

I talked with Jim Hart this morning and he said the video couldn’t be put in the public domain because of copyrighted protection of the music.

Sorry
Wayne

PS I once was doing some videoing and had a radio playing in the background . When I put the video on you tube the red flags started waving .

Henry .

This link is the music .

and you can visualize an Alabama redneck in a wood burning truck on the Bonneville Salt flat speedway

Im really liking that cooler on the Geo Tracker Don! An Old furnace heat exchanger? Ive got one hanging around when I get back to my project.