Argos Event 2023

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: I can’t come.

We need lots of pictures and vids posted here.

I thought we might split the planning and debrief from last year off and have a thread just for this event.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that Billy. After reading so much about you and your long wood gas trip, I was looking forward to finally meeting you and shaking your hand.
I will be taking lots of pictures and videos.

Garry C

5 Likes

Wow - So sorry to hear that. I always enjoy seeing you and the family together…

4 Likes

Garry, you’re talking about Jakob, my son. he will be there later today Lord willing.
Everyone except me and Luke.
I have a funeral to go to Saturday

Also, this is for Kristijan…I just learned that Slovenia has the highest number of tractors per capita, of any country in the world. Go figure…57.41 tractors/1000 people. followed by Ireland, Austria, Finland and Estonia. We don’t even make the list. That’s bad news for us. It means we have abandoned small scale agriculture.

17 Likes

Billy, sorry, I had a brain fart. I knew that, was hoping to meet you also.

GC

6 Likes

18 Likes

Thanks for the photo, Jakob. It’s good to see the DOW family gathering around the camp fire. Can’t wait to see more. Get a good night’s sleep.

13 Likes

Wish you all a great time. Take lots of pictures!

Billy, true, there are a lot of small farms here. But to tell the truth, there is a lot of neighbours envy involved too. Or that “my male apendige is bigger thain yours” kinda thing. You always want a few hp more thain the neighbour etc…

16 Likes

Saenz family is en route!

22 Likes

18 Likes

first light up on this beauty.

24 Likes

Love the use of stainless kegs. That gasifier will probably outlive the truck!

11 Likes

Truck looks pretty solid- i bet the 93 to 96 dakotas had thicker frames than my 99- it had a extra thin looking frame. I plan on cleaning up my rebuilt frame that was rusty-and coat it with some epoxy rosin since i have some on hand.Now i need too see a speed test with temps-jokeing—keep us posted.THANKS.AND HAPPY CAMPING.

14 Likes

21 Likes

21 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

22 Likes

Ah, memorys… hello to all the known and unknown people! Speaking of the later, we need some subtitles…

I too got inspired yesterday by the memoryes so l decided to at least join you in a culinary way. We made some real big real messy burgers :smile: l think the pic says it all :smile:

23 Likes

I take it no one made you go to White Castle while you were here. :rofl:

10 Likes