Argos Meetup 2019

I guess this is sort of a continuation of Bobmac’s post below, But I think with a more appropriate title. Anyone interested in going ahead now and scheduling the event? We are working on next year’s calendar. Or is it just too far out to think about?

5 Likes

I liked it in the first week of the month of June.
Bob

2 Likes

Yep, i liked first weekend in june.
As i mentioned earlier, i think it should be planned for the same weekend every year so we can plan ahead.

2 Likes

And if JO or kristijan would consider comming, I would put up some money to help them with the cost. Anybody wit me?

6 Likes

Hello Andy, I am with you

4 Likes

Put me down to help out.
Bob

2 Likes

Im good for a few dollars. I am not sure I will be able to make it Argos, though, so someone will have to take notes for me :grinning:

5 Likes

I’m good for a few dollars too.

3 Likes

Are you thinking May 30 -June 2nd or the next weekend?

2 Likes

Would any one be interested in starting on Wednesday if the grounds are available. It seems that not a few are using this time for vacation so one day more is better??

3 Likes

Yes, the end of May and first part of June. That would be great to start on Wednesday for the setting up. It is a long drive across the USA and the days of the event pass so quickly, it over and time to go home.
Bob

1 Like

OK, lets plan on folks arriving starting Wednesday afternoon, May 29th, the event running through Sunday, June 2nd. Sunday is mostly clean-up the fairgrounds, say our farewells and get back on the road homeward. I will help organize again.

4 Likes

Count me in! :grinning:

However I doubt that I will make it.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Hi Jeff, that is great to help out on monies, like like like, but where is the unlike button that you might not make the event. This is the big event that everyone should make it to.
Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,

I know but life can throw a fella some nasty curve balls…

Onward! :grinning:

2 Likes

I hear you, I have been there, keep hope in front of you at all times. I will be praying for you.
Bob

2 Likes

For us, It would be real nice if it were not the week before June 1. We always have one of our biggest trainings of the year that week. Any way we could do it a week earlier?

Thank you, thank you!
Sorry for keeping our heads down for a while. Your generosity brought us way out of our comfort zones. We’re honored but at the same time we feel bad accepting money.
Kristijan and I have had intense discussions the last couple days and we agreed we would very much like to attend.
However, I’ve managed to convince Kristijan I will pay my own ticket. I suggest we concentrate our efforts raising money for his. He’s got a young family to provide for and he lives in a low wage country.
I’ve saved enough money on gasoline the last few years to cover the plane ticket several times. So in a way you all payed for mine already.
@KristijanL How about that? :wink:

10 Likes

Does that mean you will be coming?? If that is so, I will have to put more time in the shop. TomC

5 Likes

Jan, l culdnt say it better my self :slight_smile:

I fell honored and amazed by your generousity, but like JO sayd, this is far from my compfort zone. I never got or asked for a cent for free so this is kind of hard for me. Yes, l live in a low wage country, feeding 4 mouths
with one sallary and alot of urgent farm adaptation. On my own l culd never aford such a trip (atleast not in the near future) so l am wery wery gratefull to all you guys for eaven willing to help :slight_smile: this only proves what a amazing team of members this site unites.

To answer to you Tom, yes, JO and me had a in dept discusion last couple of days and we did come to a agreement we put Argos meeting to our schedule. I salute seting the date early becouse only this makes scheduleing possible for us. So @Bobmac thanks for the bump to the topic.

Again, l can not stress this enough, l am honoured and feel wery glad l am a member of such a fantastic international team of wery fine people!

17 Likes