Bug Reports Go Here

Sean; What are you talking about?

TomC

He’s talking about the resolution/pixel dimensions for your profile picture.

Why is he saying it doesn’t show up in all parts? Parts of what? TomC

Oh that I have no idea

If I remember correctly, it wasn’t showing up in all places that used the icon picture and the places where it showed up, you weren’t centered. I do not recall which views were different. That is my bad, i should have documented it when I saw it.

I had a server down error earlier today and just now I had a 502 gateway error. then I refreshed and it worked. Just FYI.

1 Like

Getting an Error 502 trying to enter the library…

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Taking a look now. Sorry guys…

2 Likes

Well the new site look is great, once I found a workaround to get logged back in.

Hey ChrisKY how about a new-you avatar picture, man?
You are a father now. You’ll look different. You know . . .tired, frazzled . . .Happy!

Thanks for making the DOW the best site that it is.
Steve unruh

5 Likes

Sean; No big deal. Just when out of no where you name pops up— makes you wonder. Thanks TomC

We’re back online now. All links should be working again.

@SteveUnruh I’m typically on the backside of the camera. Here’s one they took of me at work, working on a fiber splice:

11 Likes

Chris; Looking good. Much more mature. I think you could use a little bigger office. Tell the boss I said so. TomC

7 Likes

Tom, that’s a fiber splicing van for working in the field. This isn’t my job typically, but I like to try new things.

I do however need an office, and I will relay your concern to my boss. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Must no nice to have a clean van
I do it on a ramp in dust’s house

Need a respirator….
Machines full cleaver full
I’m full of the dust inside and out
Oh to have a clean place like a van
I might get more than a dozen done that work

1 Like

Maybe my fingers are too fat to use a phone
Extremely difficult to fix a post from an old iphone

Com troubles might be easier to spot without doors

2 Likes

Is that mobile fiber internet service available to everyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

Um, fiber is inherently NOT mobile. But, hey! Your internet already comes to you over fiber. It’s only the last couple miles that varies somewhat (cell tower, cable, DSL, fixed wireless). So really you DO have mobile fiber, already in your pocket. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’re actually getting ready to roll out fiber service to residential areas. Got to keep up with the big boys…

4 Likes

Seems to me the more data potentially available the more people want ( where I work )
Its like buying fat pants and eating your way into it.
I started out installing MB+ plus networks ( a very robust pair of wires to transmit data for automation and remote controls )
Then we added COMPTIME to let them run PCs underground over dedicated phone lines.
Then came the analog leak feeder RF wireless coms and remote controls.

More Data!!!

Then came the Coax cable and broad band for video and data…

More Data!!!

Then the first single mode combined voice and a data for phones and computers and video all rolled in.

Big Data!!!

Then the big bundles came in and the phase out of the broad band.
The radio went digital and we had to add Orphy heads to bring the RF onto the big bundles of multi mode fibre…
Then the LTL Wi-FI came in, and went on the fibre networks

At this point I am unable to keep up and have been relegated to copper and remaining hard wired phone systems.
Other than some splicing I have no idea how anything works anymore except when it doesn’t and its usually smashed or cut fibres.

Things change so fast.
Most people have no idea how much data has changed in the last 30 years…

Now its like something George Orwell would have dreamed up in 1984.
I am literally always listened to and recorded, watched and tracked, at every corner and door.
I kind of understand why they wanted all that bandwidth…

1 Like

I know. One can hope someone figured it out, but it was just meant to be funny. :slight_smile: