Chevrolet s10 4.3

Sou Julio Cintra do Brasil sou super fã deste grupo Quero transformar uma F1000 4.9 qual opinião de vocês . obrigado

2 Likes

¿De cuál año?

… y contando a 20 (letras)…

1 Like

6 Likes

Yes, yes, it was quite good to dismantle the car, wondering how it is possible to pick it up again.

8 Likes

Push it back out now and pressure spray the crud off.

5 Likes

If you drive with an automatic transmission, do you usually flush out all the oil, or do you only change filters and about 4.5 liters of oil?
(I’ve only had one car with automatic (350slc).)

2 Likes

A proper pressurized transmission flush in a shop, using cleaning solvent is best, standard filter change at the same time.

1 Like

Be careful flushing old transmissions(high mileage) that have never been done before, it will ruin some of them.

4 Likes

I was going to do this, to drain all the dirty oil.

1 Like

How much diameter of the pipes is needed between the unit and the cyclone, and between the hay filter and the motor?
Think of a 4.3 liter engine.

1 Like

Just by feel I would go with something like a 3" into the cyclone and 2×2" up to the motor. Those csa’s are similar.
Since the volume is about 3 times hot, ideally the cyclone inlet should be wider, but you want some swirl speed too.

1 Like

Should I have 2 pieces of 2 "pipe between filter and motor?

1 Like

I have one 2 inch pvc to the 2.2 L motor for my S 10 but the Dakota boys use 2 separate 2 inch for that 5.2. V8 although Wayne said that he drove on just 1 and it worked. If you have room I’d use 2.

2 Likes

What Don said. One pipe works but two pipes may give a little extra power.

2 Likes

On my Dakota that I moved the wrecked truck gasifier to I never plumbed in the second gas pipe and this truck runs better than the wrecked one ever did.

2 Likes

Thanks Jacob. I can start with a tube (if I get this far).
I now see that I have 2 “-2.5” inlets in my cyclone, is that too little?
Put 3 "out of the cyclone.

1 Like

Hi Jan, on my 92 Dakota that was Wayne’s orginal build it had two 2" wood gas pipes to the engine. When Chris S. owned the truck he modified it with the auto air/fuel mixer it combine the two 2" pipe into one 2" pipe going into to the auto mixer Ford twin throttle body opening that is 1 7/8" with other side opening for air intake.
I would like to find a throttle body with 2 1/4" openings because it takes along time to reach 75 mph. I will never race @Wayne, for pink slips or titles. He would end up with the 92 Dodge Dakota Truck (from the book) again that he built. Lol
The more gas to the mixer with a slower volocite flow is better.
One thing I have notice with the 1 7/8" opening into the air/fuel mixer is I can not over pull my Gasifer going down the road. Only when my hopper gets low on fuel will the temps start to go above 1630 * f at the grate.
Bob

4 Likes

Thanks Bob, I would be happy if the car comes up to 75mph (120kmh), so fast I almost never go with any of the gasoline cars, will see if I can get place for 2.5 or 3" tube.

4 Likes

I inspected the car for the first time, got some things yo fixe, so I’m waiting for parts from the USA.
Looked at how to put things on the car, the aggregates then cyclone, and last filter of clay balls and steel net, then cooling.
What do you think about that set?
Can I have an overpressure valve on the lid of the unit with a tennis ball, or something like that?

7 Likes

You’re getting close, Jan.
I’ve given puffed clay some thought too, but I’ve never heard of anyone using it. You will be the test pilot :smile:
A hopper puff can sometimes be a pretty big bang. I would go with something bigger than a tennis ball. Or several tennis balls.

4 Likes