Controller EV-100

Does anyone know the EV-100 controller for old forklifts? I recovered, in a forklift intended for scrap metal, the electrical system. I tested the different components before using them and they almost all seem to work well. The EV-100 controller is giving me a hard time. I cannot manage to activate it. Does anyone among you have any advice to give me? :grinning:


@ohlerron might. BE VERY CAREFUL. That appears to be one of those, it can kill you capacitors on the board. make sure to short it out.

This is about as good as I can do:
pdfcoffee.com_ev-100-motor-controller-troubleshooting-pdf-free.pdf (234.7 KB)
pdfcoffee.com_ev100-200lx-controller-and-handset-troubleshooting-pdf-free.pdf (420.5 KB)


I’m of no help. I believe Sean is better at this level of electronics than I am.

I have one very old small electric forklift. It uses manual switches rather than a controller. Unless it sells - it will be going to scrap soon even though it worked last I knew. It has a Ready Power motor/generator substitute for the battery. No hydraulics! It uses gear motors instead of hydraulics for tilt and lift. Neat part - nothing ever leaks down. Forks stay where you leave them.


I wasn’t sure. I thought you had more then 1. :slight_smile:

I suspect there isn’t an issue with the board, but more along the lines of how it is connected, because I am assuming there are a bunch of safety features. But I could be wrong.


actually there are several lock switches to activate to turn on the card according to this manual:
pdfcoffee.com_ev-100-motor-controller-troubleshooting-pdf-free.pdf (234.7 KB)it seems to me that I am strictly following the chronology of the card activation steps but despite this the card remains silent :sob:

1 Like

maybe it is an issue with the card itself or the pdf doesn’t include the troubleshooting of your particular card… If it is an old card, I would start looking at the capacitors to see if they bulging, and look for any ‘browning’/burnt of other components. Someone else may have connected stuff wrong.

I did read something about someone wanting a EEPROM re-programming. I don’t know if that was the actual issue or not, but it is potentially an issue.


I was more a relay level tech. I was parting out tube type TV’s for projects in the 70’s and if a circuit could be designed with relays - I could do it. I know a bit of semiconductor stuff and had some in school but honestly - I’m so darn rusty at it now that my A.D.H.D. makes my mind spin trying to work with intricate troubleshooting. I feel a combination of luck and some skill were involved if I can find a failed component in a circuit board.


TBH it is a lot of educated guesses. :slight_smile: The guys that repair boards daily, can see stuff on boards where you blow up the pictures look, and I still don’t see anything.

A lot of times they aren’t worth taking the time to repair. The labor costs more then a new board. There are instances where it is worth it, but it isn’t the majority of cases.

1 Like

The last significant board I diagnosed was from my plasma cutter. It quit functioning. A troubleshooting chart lead to a particular board. A replacement board was $1400. Or I could have mine rebuilt for over $800. I had purchased the machine used - with shipping for $650. I removed the board and started using an ohm meter to check components. A device that resembled a TO-3 cased transistor measured as a pair of resistors. On the component side of the board it was depicted as 2 diodes back to back. The part number did not produce any results on google or other searches.

A number of major components showed a manufacturer Sanrex. I did a search for Sanrex and found they were a Japanese company who made power supplies. They had an office in New York. A call there lead to an engineer who told me I’d found the problem. He sent the part and an upgrade kit for my Thermalarc 150s welder.

Sanrex makes welders and plasma cutters that are sold by Thermalarc, Miller, Lincoln, Esab, and L-tech.

My plasma cutter was an L-tech VPI. It’s case was damaged in shipping which was covered by UPS as they had packed it and shipped it. The dealer wanted as much for the case as I’d paid for the machine so essentially the insurance paid for the machine. I asked the Sanrex engineer about a replacement case. L-tech green was not available but Esab yellow was - and very reasonable in cost. So - My plasma cutter has a bright yellow case with green face plate and back plate.